• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eek's we're all doomed theory

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
    I'm trolling? WT*?

That's all you do is sit on these forums 24x7 and poke fun at people asking questions.

Do me a favour.

And in answer to your Statement, what am I telling PC? I have made no statement whatsoever, just asking for yours and eeks opinion on the latest information coming to light
    Yep.

Eek kindly posts things as soon as he hears them to help other avoid trouble.

He started posting last summer warning about this.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      i.e. eek is an Eeyore, or that's how I read it
      I was thinking more zeity than eeyore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Yep.

Eek kindly posts things as soon as he hears them to help other avoid trouble.

He started posting last summer warning about this.

Comment

And your point is? This is a professional forum and your posts are hardly professional (or to be blunt make any sense).

Oh and I'm still confused as to what you think I've posted that hasn't occurred - bar something that isn't likely to occur until far later this year.
          Last edited by eek; 24 March 2017, 19:40.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Eek contributes a fair bit around here afterall...

And with such grace and humility.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
              I was thinking more zeity than eeyore
              If i was zeity i would be randomly deleting my posts - I'm not planning to do that just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                And your point is? This is a professional forum and your posts are hardly professional (or to be blunt make any sense).

Oh and I'm still confused as to what you think I've posted that hasn't occurred - bar something that isn't likely to occur until far later this year.
                poppycock. I, and numerous people have asked very sensible questions mainly. The rudeness (mentioning no names) from certain posters to people asking questions has been pompous and shocking, there is certainly a clique on these forums boards.

I asked you
                What do you think of the latest statements from majority of PS orgs declaring many roles outside?

and then

it wasn't a told you so post. It was a post to see if, what we are seeing (albeit from a sample size of circa 0.001%of the Contracting Population ) was a surprise to you guys who pretty much posted doom and gloom (which it may still be).

just an observation .

you are right this is a professional forum and people should be courteous to one another.

Comment

Semtex, the thread title and the opening line is provocative, stop playing the innocent .

Yes, we do tend to deal with worst case scenario on here, but as a long standing contractor surely you already know they are trying to make us all employed if they can....
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

poppycock. I, and numerous people have asked very sensible questions mainly. The rudeness (mentioning no names) from certain posters to people asking questions has been pompous and shocking, there is certainly a clique on these forums boards.

I asked you
                    What do you think of the latest statements from majority of PS orgs declaring many roles outside?

and then

it wasn't a told you so post. It was a post to see if, what we are seeing (albeit from a sample size of circa 0.001%of the Contracting Population ) was a surprise to you guys who pretty much posted doom and gloom (which it may still be).

just an observation .

you are right this is a professional forum and people should be courteous to one another.
                    My problem is that i haven't seen what you appear to have seen. I've see hmrc declare people who should be well and truly outside as inside and other people making equally strange opinions in both directions.

I have also seen some departments get decent advice and make sensible decisions often in conjunction with the few clueful agencies.

So all i actually saw is a provactive thread without any links to something to comment on as i still don't know what exactly you think is different to how i expected things to play out. As currently it's the incohrent, inconsistent mess i thought it was going to be.

Comment

Afraid I have to agree with this. There's definitely an element of bullying and arrogance from certain posters.

Comment

Working...
                      X