• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC contractors leaving HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, I know personally that many in HMRC are decided to leave ;-)

Comment

Not sure how I would confirm it.

I know a lot of people who contract for HMRC quite well. I heard a lot of 'estimates' of 70-80% of contractors leaving before the fact and I've since heard lots of people saying not as many left as they expected and a lot went umbrella with increases in rate at the last minute.

I'm very confident about the Newcastle number.

Comment

Originally posted by marius123 View Post
        Not sure how I would confirm it.

I know a lot of people who contract for HMRC quite well. I heard a lot of 'estimates' of 70-80% of contractors leaving before the fact and I've since heard lots of people saying not as many left as they expected and a lot went umbrella with increases in rate at the last minute.

I'm very confident about the Newcastle number.
        Fair enough, this guy was at Telford I believe.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've since heard lots of people saying not as many left as they expected and a lot went umbrella with increases in rate at the last minute.
          Surely that sentence should say:

I've since heard lots of people saying not as many left as they expected and a lot went umbrella because of increases in rate at the last minute.

Comment

Wonder if that rate increase will compensate for the back taxes HMRC will want?
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              Wonder if that rate increase will compensate for the back taxes HMRC will want?
              Or wonder how they will cope when every single contractor uses HMRC's own stupidity to take them to tribunal and get all the back holiday and sick pay...

After all they have been victims of unscrupulous clients using them to avoid employers NI...

Comment

The contractors that willingly worked on the tool should be blackballed. Turn coats.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  The contractors that willingly worked on the tool should be blackballed. Turn coats.
                  They're contractors - if the rate's good you take it.

Expecting contractors to be the conscience is a bit rich...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    They're contractors - if the rate's good you take it.

Expecting contractors to be the conscience is a bit rich...
                    I would have refused and stood with my fellow contractors
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I would have refused and stood behind my fellow contractors with my knife in their backs
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X