IT contractors behind IR35 calculator to leave HMRC... because of IR35 IT contractors behind IR35 calculator to leave HMRC... because of IR35
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Fingers like lightning

Default IT contractors behind IR35 calculator to leave HMRC... because of IR35

The IT contractors who built the UK tax collectors' IR35 tool to determine whether freelancers are in the scope of the new tax clampdown have themselves been ruled within the scope of IR35.

According to sources, the IT software consultancy responsible for building HMRC's Employment Status Service Tool had a total of 250 contractors within the department.

All of those freelancers are likely to go under the changes, including the team that built the IR35 tool, sources say.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...cause_of_ir35/

Super poster

The only shock - is that they were even remotely being considered as outside IR35 in the first place - if contracting for HMRC.

Imagine if the IR35 team opened an investigation - a part of your defence relies on ClientCo backing you up to confirm working practices. Good luck with that....

Some things in Moderation

KUATB

Eek told us about this months ago...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...