• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dust settles - what happened?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust settles - what happened?

Been following this thread with interest last few months (private sector contractor) - in anticipation of what is to come next April - what has been the effect of the PS changes? There was a lot of noise before April 06 but since it has gone quiet - are people accepting being inside? Have rates increased? Has everyone left the PS? What gives?

Give it a chance, no one has received their 1st pay packet yet.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Give it a chance, no one has received their 1st pay packet yet.
      You cannot tell me that people are not vaguely aware of what said 'pay packet' will be this month, next month, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by AV101 View Post
        Been following this thread with interest last few months (private sector contractor) - in anticipation of what is to come next April - what has been the effect of the PS changes? There was a lot of noise before April 06 but since it has gone quiet - are people accepting being inside? Have rates increased? Has everyone left the PS? What gives?
        Dust still still going up, not even close to settled yet.

As Cojak pointed out, payments post April 6th have yet to be received. Expect another flurry of activity when they are.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Expect another flurry of activity when they are.
          I can't wait
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AV101 View Post
            You cannot tell me that people are not vaguely aware of what said 'pay packet' will be this month, next month, etc?
            Yep, we can and we are.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I got my first pay packet....except the inept agency I go through decided to pay me into my LTD company instead of the new Umbrella company.
              Que a string of headache inducing phonecalls to get sorted, which involved me paying back the agency, then calling the umbrella to let them know and then waiting for the agency to 'process' payment (they didnt have a scooby what to do).
              ...all the while trying to sort this while on holiday out of the country.
              took them 4 (working) days to sort out and i finally got paid today through the correct means.

Came out to approx 15% less earned not including the business overheads that i still need to cover and expenses i wasn't able to claim back.

Next stop today is to call the accountant to sort out the random payment that came into the business account and then back out just as quick !

Comment

Wouldn't be the pay packet be what the umbrella pays you?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Wouldn't be the pay packet be what the umbrella pays you?
                  Apologies what i meant was that my first 'invoice' inside IR35 got paid into my LTD rather than paid to the umbrella company which resulted in me not getting a pay packet from the umbrella as they didnt receive the payment from my agency.

Comment

There's just no way on earth I would EVER even consider being pushed around and told I had to go on some payroll (says a guy who sucked up a few banking rate cuts in his time, but I'm older now, and ANGRIER).

If this ever happens to the private sector, and I reckon it probably will within a year or two seeing as 'contractors' are just accepting it, then I'm out of the industry for good, and the country.

Comment

Working...
                    X