• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impact analysis of Public Sector IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KUWTC View Post
    According to HMRC, no contractors are leaving the public sector because of IR35 and it's having no detrimental impact on staffing levels.

HMRC denies IR35 reforms to blame for public sector IT project delays and cancellations
    How odd - I refused to take those 2 HMRC contracts offered to me last year. One of which keeps being offered to me on a regular basis....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by KUWTC View Post
      According to HMRC, no contractors are leaving the public sector because of IR35 and it's having no detrimental impact on staffing levels.

HMRC denies IR35 reforms to blame for public sector IT project delays and cancellations
      Hello HMRC down in that there London - this is a (pick any) project manager in Longbenton calling... WTF are you talking about.....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        How odd - I refused to take those 2 HMRC contracts offered to me last year. One of which keeps being offered to me on a regular basis....
        Well if nothing else the changes seemed to resulted in unprecedented levels of desperation from the clients
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well if nothing else the changes seemed to resulted in unprecedented levels of desperation from the clients
          That's where the money's to be made.

Comment

Radio 4 investigation

Hello

I am a journalist for BBC Radio 4 looking into the impact of the public sector IR35 rule change.

We are keen to hear from people personally affected, whether you have left a role or seen others leave.

If you are interested, please reply to this post and I will send you a direct message.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lhgleicester View Post
              Hello

I am a journalist for BBC Radio 4 looking into the impact of the public sector IR35 rule change.

We are keen to hear from people personally affected, whether you have left a role or seen others leave.

If you are interested, please reply to this post and I will send you a direct message.

Many thanks
              I recommend you talk to IPSE who may or may not assist you. But it's a start.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

He better be quick cause he's heading for a ban spamming the forum with the same request.

Comment

Originally posted by lhgleicester View Post
                  Hello

Many thanks
                  See if you can track down any of these guys on LinkedIn. That would be fun. I'm thinking about 20 minutes through the programme:

Despite HMRC's persistent denials that the public sector is being disrupted, File on Four has learnt that HMRC has itself seen a significant outflow of IT contractors, even threatening its ability to bring in the new off-payroll rules.
                  IT contractors behind IR35 calculator to leave HMRC... because of IR35 • The Register

Comment

And the guy that put the fund up to challenge HMRC. That should be good for a giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      that 40% NHS figure doesn't provide a concrete figure. is that 40% leaving contracting and returning to full time employment within the NHS or 40% quitting working for the NHS.

The former is of course what NHS Improvement are hoping for, the latter is what we suspect and NHS Improvement fear but those numbers don't answer the real question....

I think it is that they are returning into full time employment or taking fixed term contracts at a higher rate. There are far fewer temporary positions and locums about (AHP's in particular) and all of the health agencies seem to be pushing permanent job placements a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                      X