• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 4 Request – IR35 impact on the public sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    If you are paying the correct taxes across the board then you will be. People need to stop looking at percentages and look at actual money. For many years my total annual tax bill was well above the average national wage. As I've said many times if I'm a tax dodger I'm a really bad one.
    We know exactly what you mean - and agree totally.

The question is how you get that over to the mob - placated by only cheap beer and TV football.

Government, Footballers and Bankers seem to achieve it. However getting us into that league will be very difficult.

Comment

Matt O'Connor learnt a valuable lesion when interviewed by Fiona Bruce. He expected a balanced interview and got sandbagged. He was not prepared.

If you are going to be interviewed, ALWAYS GET DIRT ON THE INTERVIEWER FIRST.

Comment

Originally posted by lhgleicester View Post
        Hello

BBC Radio 4 is looking into the impact of the IR35 rule change for the public sector, and interested to speak to individuals who have been affected.

We would be keen to hear from anybody who has seen significant change in the area they work in, or has seen their circumstances change significantly.

If you are interested to let us know about your experience, please reply to this thread, and I will send you a private message.

Many thanks.
        No going to respond to comments on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          No going to respond to comments on this thread?
          Why on earth would they?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Why on earth would they?
            To prove that those who apply will not be left to twist in the wind.

I have seen it happen too many times.

Generally the BBC are better than most. But not much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              To prove that those who apply will not be left to twist in the wind.

I have seen it happen too many times.

Generally the BBC are better than most. But not much.
              simple rule when dealing with media - no editoral control - run away...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Heard this on the radio today:

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, Pensions freedoms tax shock

IR35 link half-way down the page.

Looking inevitable for the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                  Heard this on the radio today:

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, Pensions freedoms tax shock

IR35 link half-way down the page.

Looking inevitable for the budget.
                  The contractor gave a good, articulate account, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                  X