• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 4 Request – IR35 impact on the public sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 4 Request – IR35 impact on the public sector

Hello

BBC Radio 4 is looking into the impact of the IR35 rule change for the public sector, and interested to speak to individuals who have been affected.

We would be keen to hear from anybody who has seen significant change in the area they work in, or has seen their circumstances change significantly.

If you are interested to let us know about your experience, please reply to this thread, and I will send you a private message.

Many thanks.

Not sure you will have PM rights yet will you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He has
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not sure you will have PM rights yet will you?
        Yes, she does
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh. That's OK then.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just to clarify - This journo contacted Contractor UK first to explain her work which checked out fine. So if anybody can contribute constructively with details -and in confidence - feel free to PM the journo directly. Thanks.

Comment

Update

Hello

Thank you to so many of you for reading the request above and to those of you who have been in touch; the correspondence has been invaluable to my investigation of this very complicated regulatory area.

Something I am hearing a lot is that adding Employer NI to a contractor's tax bill is an unchecked but widespread practice. I am therefore still looking to speak to people whose contracts were brought inside IR35 and now have Employer NI deducted from their rate.

If affected, it would be great to hear from you and whether or not you agree with the Employer NI charge.

Thanks again

Comment

A brief reminder: -

Anyone who gets involved is mad. You will be portrayed as tax evading scum. The media just does HMRC bidding.

Note that the media does not care about HMRC LYING in the meeting minutes. Or LYING to parliament. Or retrospectively changing the law.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2480452

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Anyone who gets involved is mad. You will be portrayed as tax evading scum. The media just does HMRC bidding.

Note that the media does not care about HMRC LYING in the meeting minutes. Or LYING to parliament. Or retrospectively changing the law.

And if nobody responds, the media cannot present our side of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

+1. HMRC are merely playing to a general public who don’t see why others should pay less tax (in both monetary terms or percentage) than they do.

MS - if you think you can explain employers ni to the average income tax payer in a way that makes it sound like a contractor is hard done by go ahead - I’ve spent 10 minutes thinking of ways that don’t make us sound bad and I can’t find any.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X