• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Survey on the impact of public sector IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey on the impact of public sector IR35

If you've worked in public sector in the past two years, via a limited company or LLP, please consider completing the survey on the impact on your business that can be found here.

The more people who speak up about the impact on their business, the more ammunition we all have to fight any further changes.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Hmm. I had a go and got to about 50% but it's not very straight forward for my situation. One client just before and one after. The questions seem to lean to those that were at the same client over the change. Asking about how it changed the gig which I don't know. I'll have another stab at it tomorrow.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It might be worth broadening this out.

You must have worked on a public sector contract in the last two years and operate via a limited company or limited liability partnership to qualify for this survey.
      One of the issues with being caught is that it probably doesn't make sense to operate via a Ltd., so many won't.

Comment

Sorry I started a new thread on this.....

Idiotic to exclude umbrella. If you move to a PS Inside IR35 gig far and away the easiest way to proceed is via umbrella. Having an existing ltd, I looked into this in detail and in the end it just was not worth the hassle and cost of doing it this way. Better to just put the ltd on hold for this gig....

So, IR35 made me change my way of working. But I'm excluded from the survey. Nuts.

Pretty sure there are going to be a lot of people like me.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          So, IR35 made me change my way of working. But I'm excluded from the survey. Nuts.

I wonder if that's really the intention though. It might just be a poor choice of wording in the preamble...

TF?

Comment

Idiotic to exclude umbrella. If you move to a PS Inside IR35 gig far and away the easiest way to proceed is via umbrella. Having an existing ltd, I looked into this in detail and in the end it just was not worth the hassle and cost of doing it this way. Better to just put the ltd on hold for this gig....

Indeed. I too have put my Ltd on hold while using a brolly for PS IR35 contract.

Though I am not bothered at all about AIPSE and their survey. I have about as much faith in them accomplishing anything regarding this as praying to the tooth fairy to pay me in bitcoins.

Besides I'm a tinfoil hatter in that any data showing contractors that have changed behaviour due to recent changes to PS and IR35 will be seen as an easy target by HMRC for IR35 investigations.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Rest assured PC. There is no one else like you....

Comment

PC. Don't you answer question 1 as 'Employed by someone else' and the survey ends?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  I wonder if that's really the intention though. It might just be a poor choice of wording in the preamble...

TF?
                  If you go through the first question and select umbrella it stops there.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If you go through the first question and select umbrella it stops there.
                    Rain stopped play. It's just not cricket.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X