• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector Inside IR35 Company Laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector Inside IR35 Company Laptop

Sorry if this topic has been done to death, i have searched the forums and there are close scenarios to mine but not exact ones so wanted to try and bottom this out, so its clear in my stupid head, new to contracting.

I may have a contract in the public sector, this role is deemed inside IR35,

I understand i will be basically PAYE without all the frills,

I will be supplied a laptop for the role and nothing more, so to enable me to continue in my skill progression to enable me to stay abreast of technology i need to buy a laptop for the business to continue to be a viable asset.

Can i claim for this through the Inside IR35 role, as this is my first contract there are no funds in the business that can be claimed from.

If any of that made sense

How are you getting paid? Are you going through brolly or via agents PAYE? If it is either of those you won't have any income to the LTD to pay for the laptop.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      How are you getting paid? Are you going through brolly or via agents PAYE? If it is either of those you won't have any income to the LTD to pay for the laptop.
      NLUK is correct - the limited will have no income - it will ALL go through as PAYE to you.

As I've said before on this forum, best way is to can the ltd (temporarily at least) and go umbrella for this.

BTW- you have considered the rate, haven't you? I reckon 35% extra is needed to make things even for an Inside IR35 role. If you live further away, or have to pay for hotels etc then it may be even more. (you can't put these through as expenses now)
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X