• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency overcharging hirer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency overcharging hirer

Hi all
    So I have just discovered that my agency have been charging my hirer £36 ltd per hour when my rate is £28 ltd per hour? This could have been going on for more than a year. Does the deceived money belong to me or the hirer??

Where does the agency make any money if they just pass the money on to you?

There is a contract between you and the agent and there is a contract between the agent and the client. One is their business as is the rate. The other is your business as is the rate. They are not connected. The agent gets paid a certain amount. They take a cut and they pay you a different amount to do the work.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes I understand that, but their cut is on top of this, they are charging the hirer a pay rate that they are not actually paying me and then their margin on top of this

Comment

What does your contract say?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You agreed to supply your services at £28 an hour.

You have a choice ask the agent for a higher rate when your contract ends, if its getting extended.

Walk away.

Suck it up.

The agent low balled you. There where probably other candidates who went in at £35+ but never got put forward because of the rate you agreed.

Hey ho you reap what you sow.

Comment

Working...
          X