• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and 40h work week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 and 40h work week

My first contract is 3 months and it's about developing the app from the scratch.
    I prepared my contract
    The client wants to add that my estimated work week will be 40h long. Can I have a problem with IR35 because of that?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:53.

Please... Start reading the guides and start using the search. Only a very basic knowledge of IR35 will allow you to answer this yourself and sadly its also been asked a load of times.

If you are going to go LTD you really have to learn to find your own answers and do your own research.

Do some hunting around and learning. Once you've done that the please come and ask us some specifics, not everything you come across.

IR35 is not a tick box. You need to understand it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qbait View Post
      My first contract is 3 months and it's about developing the app from the scratch.
      I prepared my contract
      The client wants to add that my estimated work week will be 40h long. Can I have a problem with IR35 because of that?

You can have a problem if they tell you when, where and how to execute a 40 hour week. As said by NLUK, there's plenty of reading for you to do to understand the contract and its positioning in terms of IR35. Don't forget that the reality of the working practices also generally trumps the contract in the case of an investigation, so the contract should be a fair reflection of the engagement. Make sure that it is deliverable-based above all else.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:53.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Are you charging a daily or hourly rate?

If it's hourly, then the client is well within their rights to want a cap on the number of hours you're going to be working.
        If it's daily, then the client is well within their rights to want a minimum level of effort put in.

Neither is an IR35 indicator. It's a commercial aspect to ensure the client gets what they're paying for.

Comment

Working...
        X