• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Network Rail IR35 Assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Rail IR35 Assessment

Just seen a post on LinkedIn showing results of a FOI request to network Rail.

Out of 340 Contractors assessed for IR35 this year between Jan 2018 and August 2018, 99.7% were found to be inside.

A ContractorCalculator FOI reveals.....

Out of 340 contractors assessed for IR35 this year between Jan 2018 and August 2018, 99.7% of them were found to be inside IR35.

Mel Stride, a few weeks ago: "Evidence shows that most public sector authorities are making assessments on a case-by-case basis."

Yeah, sure - you're all caught though at NWR.

If you are thinking of contracting for Network Rail, don't expect anything other than being on payroll, and make sure you increase your rate by 35% to cater for it, as they are also expecting you to pay their employers NI bill too.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2019, 11:14.

Yup.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Yorkie62;2594379]Just seen a post on LinkedIn showing results of a FOI request to network Rail.

Out of 340 Contractors assessed for IR35 this year between Jan 2018 and August 2018, 99.7% were found to be inside.

Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: "IR35 - NETWORK RAIL - FOI: 99.7% of contractors assessed "inside IR35"

A ContractorCalculator FOI reveals.....

Out of 340 contractors assessed for IR35 this year between Jan 2018 and August 2018, 99.7% of them were found to be inside IR35.

Mel Stride, a few weeks ago: "Evidence shows that most public sector authorities are making assessments on a case-by-case basis."

Yeah, sure - you're all caught though at NWR.

If you are thinking of contracting for Network Rail, don't expect anything other than being on payroll, and make sure you increase your rate by 35% to cater for it, as they are also expecting you to pay their employers NI bill too.
      "/QUOTE]

So all but one then
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2019, 11:15.

Comment

Guess it depends on the role, 1 manager and 339 hole diggers and it would be right, however I doubt that will be the case
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
        X