• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When GDPR meets IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When GDPR meets IR35

So as a LTD company you should be GDPR compliant, if you are not compliant with GDPR and you handle personal data (as a worker) for your client under their Personal Information Management System/ governance will this hinder your claim for being outside of IR35?

GDPR has nothing to do with IR35.
    IR35 has nothing to do with GDPR.
    GDPR is not a flag for or against IR35.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What is an IR35 risk is failing to understand the basics of the legislation. You can't play tick box IR35 and expect to be outside by default.

Plenty of resources on the Web and on here.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        GDPR has nothing to do with IR35.
        Unless you've been deemed inside IR35 following an automated assessment by a proven to be flawed online tool, in which case you might have a reaosnable argument that Article 21 Para 1 ("The data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.") means that GDPR has everything to do with IR35
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
        X