• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CL1 & IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL1 & IR35

I was wondering about the status of CL1 contracts and IR35.

I saw a lot of posts on here from circa 2015 that suggested all CL1 contracts were inside regardless of their clauses, and I'm wondering if that's still the case.

I've been told I'm going to be offered a CL1 contract although I haven't received it yet. The people drawing it up said that they had determined that I would be classed as outside IR35 and hence they are including all three clauses which tend to suggest exemption, namely MoO, substitution and instruction. Additionally the contract will have a notice period of 0 days in both directions, which equates to a degree of financial risk for me and I understand (perhaps incorrectly) that this helps the contract to be considered as outside.

Aside from the contract wording, day-to-day I will genuinely have no instruction because the team I'm working with have zero experience of the tech I use, so it will be a case of me aiming at some broad objectives but delivering those in a manner completely of my own determination.

In such circumstances would CL1s be classed as outside, or are they always inside?
    Last edited by socrates; 14 April 2019, 12:28.

I've just realised that this post would probably be more appropriate for the general Accounting/Legal forum, rather than this subforum - could a mod move it please?

Comment

Just get the contract checked by QDOS, B&C and the like, take out IR35 insurance either via IPSE+ or the provider I've just mentioned and get on with it.

Also make sure you know enough about IR35 to keep your working practices ourside.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Just get the contract checked by QDOS, B&C and the like, take out IR35 insurance either via IPSE+ or the provider I've just mentioned and get on with it.

Also make sure you know enough about IR35 to keep your working practices ourside.

OK, thanks.

So it's certainly true then that some CL1s are outside IR35?

Comment

CL1 expired in 2018
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            CL1 expired in 2018
            Yeah so looking at it, my agency is PSR, so I guess this is the AMS successor to CL1, although I was told it was CL1

So is AMS/PSR normally OK from an IR35 perspective so long as you have the clauses above?

Comment

Originally posted by socrates View Post
              Yeah so looking at it, my agency is PSR, so I guess this is the AMS successor to CL1, although I was told it was CL1

So is AMS/PSR normally OK from an IR35 perspective so long as you have the clauses above?
              Sounds like you are in the public sector. In which case, the status is determined by the end client and you don't need to review the contract.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
              X