RBS, contractors and IR35 RBS, contractors and IR35 - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Posts 191 to 200 of 200
  1. #191

    Still gathering requirements...

    boxingbantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    RBS have just announced no more limited company contractors from February 28th 2020...

  2. #192

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    RBS have just announced no more limited company contractors from February 28th 2020...
    Old news

    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2690166

  3. #193

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756

    Default

    I hear from a source at the bank, unlike Lloyd’s some RBS contractors will be able to continue as before if they get a director level sign off but that will be for golf buddies etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  4. #194

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Unlike some of the other Banks, it doesn't look like RBS are going to have some sort of initiative to offer contractors the opportunity to go permanent. Permie roles can still be offered, but subject to current headcount and budgets, so I guess they're banking on most contractors just sucking it up and going umbrella.

  5. #195

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ascender View Post
    Unlike some of the other Banks, it doesn't look like RBS are going to have some sort of initiative to offer contractors the opportunity to go permanent. Permie roles can still be offered, but subject to current headcount and budgets, so I guess they're banking on most contractors just sucking it up and going umbrella.
    And most will as no other options in banking sector

    The games up


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  6. #196

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    And most will as no other options in banking sector

    The games up


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    To be honest I think you are going to see a lot more than the banking sector hit. I am not as optimistic as some. What is happening here is no mistake. Hammond knew damned well that the forcing of liability to the client would make big business baulk. We only had our liability GSK suddenly has the liability of some 1500 contractors, Business is inherently risk-averse, this is nothing less than the total destruction of the contracting market as we know it.

    The fact is most companies have decided to take on contractors in bums on seats models. The agencies facilitated it and we as contractors made hay. Now that model isn't going to wash. We need to be engaged as consultancies. Unfortunately business doesn't want to do that, they want to use large consultancies charging 3 times as much, what business wants it to have the cheapness of contractors without long term commitment to staff. Well thats just been made obsolete. So either hire us in a consultancy model or just accept this type of working is finished.

  7. #197

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    RBS have just announced no more limited company contractors from February 28th 2020...
    Agent: "hey PCTNN we've got a 4 month contract with rbs, are you available? You're perfect for the role"
    PCTNN: "hello agent, not available at the moment, I will be available from January 2020. If, as you say, I am perfect for the role, maybe the client can wait a couple of months?"
    Agent: "not possible, sorry, contract absolutely needs to be finished by end of February."
    PCTNN: "oh well, that's a shame. Nevermind then"
    Agent: "by the way, are you operating via ltd?"
    PCTNN: "nope, umbrella company here"
    Agent: "ok, client can wait. when can you interview?"


  8. #198

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Agent: "hey PCTNN we've got a 4 month contract with rbs, are you available? You're perfect for the role"
    PCTNN: "hello agent, not available at the moment, I will be available from January 2020. If, as you say, I am perfect for the role, maybe the client can wait a couple of months?"
    Agent: "not possible, sorry, contract absolutely needs to be finished by end of February."
    PCTNN: "oh well, that's a shame. Nevermind then"
    Agent: "by the way, are you operating via ltd?"
    PCTNN: "nope, umbrella company here"
    Agent: "ok, client can wait. when can you interview?"

    Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  9. #199

    Should post faster

    KinooOrKinog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Agent: "hey PCTNN we've got a 4 month contract with rbs, are you available? You're perfect for the role"
    PCTNN: "hello agent, not available at the moment, I will be available from January 2020. If, as you say, I am perfect for the role, maybe the client can wait a couple of months?"
    Agent: "not possible, sorry, contract absolutely needs to be finished by end of February."
    PCTNN: "oh well, that's a shame. Nevermind then"
    Agent: "by the way, are you operating via ltd?"
    PCTNN: "nope, umbrella company here"
    Agent: "ok, client can wait. when can you interview?"

    What's more ridiculous is the idea that anything would be completed in four months at RBS..
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

  10. #200

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    What's more ridiculous is the idea that anything would be completed in four months at RBS..
    Indeed, 4 months of waiting around with a full project team doing nothing waiting for 3 permies to finally turn up to there weekly meeting and approve a 2 month project in my best one ever at RBS


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •