• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS, contractors and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS have just announced no more limited company contractors from February 28th 2020...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbantz View Post
      RBS have just announced no more limited company contractors from February 28th 2020...
      Old news

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2690166

Comment

I hear from a source at the bank, unlike Lloyd’s some RBS contractors will be able to continue as before if they get a director level sign off but that will be for golf buddies etc

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Unlike some of the other Banks, it doesn't look like RBS are going to have some sort of initiative to offer contractors the opportunity to go permanent. Permie roles can still be offered, but subject to current headcount and budgets, so I guess they're banking on most contractors just sucking it up and going umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
            Unlike some of the other Banks, it doesn't look like RBS are going to have some sort of initiative to offer contractors the opportunity to go permanent. Permie roles can still be offered, but subject to current headcount and budgets, so I guess they're banking on most contractors just sucking it up and going umbrella.
            And most will as no other options in banking sector

The games up

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              And most will as no other options in banking sector

The games up

To be honest I think you are going to see a lot more than the banking sector hit. I am not as optimistic as some. What is happening here is no mistake. Hammond knew damned well that the forcing of liability to the client would make big business baulk. We only had our liability GSK suddenly has the liability of some 1500 contractors, Business is inherently risk-averse, this is nothing less than the total destruction of the contracting market as we know it.

The fact is most companies have decided to take on contractors in bums on seats models. The agencies facilitated it and we as contractors made hay. Now that model isn't going to wash. We need to be engaged as consultancies. Unfortunately business doesn't want to do that, they want to use large consultancies charging 3 times as much, what business wants it to have the cheapness of contractors without long term commitment to staff. Well thats just been made obsolete. So either hire us in a consultancy model or just accept this type of working is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbantz View Post
                Agent: "hey PCTNN we've got a 4 month contract with rbs, are you available? You're perfect for the role"
                PCTNN: "hello agent, not available at the moment, I will be available from January 2020. If, as you say, I am perfect for the role, maybe the client can wait a couple of months?"
                Agent: "not possible, sorry, contract absolutely needs to be finished by end of February."
                PCTNN: "oh well, that's a shame. Nevermind then"
                Agent: "by the way, are you operating via ltd?"
                PCTNN: "nope, umbrella company here"
                Agent: "ok, client can wait. when can you interview?"

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                  Agent: "hey PCTNN we've got a 4 month contract with rbs, are you available? You're perfect for the role"
                  PCTNN: "hello agent, not available at the moment, I will be available from January 2020. If, as you say, I am perfect for the role, maybe the client can wait a couple of months?"
                  Agent: "not possible, sorry, contract absolutely needs to be finished by end of February."

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

What's more ridiculous is the idea that anything would be completed in four months at RBS..
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                      What's more ridiculous is the idea that anything would be completed in four months at RBS..
                      Indeed, 4 months of waiting around with a full project team doing nothing waiting for 3 permies to finally turn up to there weekly meeting and approve a 2 month project in my best one ever at RBS

Comment

Working...
                      X