• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS, contractors and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    today?
    I get that! Just wondering when it will be, is super exciting haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Badrinath View Post
      I get that! Just wondering when it will be, is super exciting haha.
      I forecast that there will be no accession to realism, there will be complete denial of the objections and the very worst of what many have forecast will become reality.

Comment

Glass half full man eh?

I tend to agree. I just need to try and decide when I start looking at my potential perm opportunities and get ahead of the tidal wave of contractors I will likely be in competition with come early 2020.

Comment

Glass half full man eh?

I tend to agree. I just need to try and decide when I start looking at my potential perm opportunities and get ahead of the tidal wave of contractors I will likely be in competition with come early 2020.
          Way too late for that matey..
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I know you're being slightly facetious, but could you explain why? My plan (if it does look all doomsday) was to start seriously looking at other avenues out of the contractor world around September / October.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Way too late for that matey..
              Funny coincidence you responded. I was just searching out the thread you put up about the smart contractors snapping up the lucrative perm gigs ahead of the PS changes as well. Can't find the bugger though.

I know you're being slightly facetious, but could you explain why? My plan (if it does look all doomsday) was to start seriously looking at other avenues out of the contractor world around September / October.
              You and the entire contracting community.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm I wouldn't be so sure of that. The vast majority of current and former contractor colleagues I have spoken with are either really relaxed about the changes, not appreciating what the impact might be or completely ignorant of it all.

Comment

Hmmmm I wouldn't be so sure of that. The vast majority of current and former contractor colleagues I have spoken with are either really relaxed about the changes, not appreciating what the impact might be or completely ignorant of it all.
                  Correct but the smart ones are ahead of the game already. When it drops the people you've mentioned above will perk up like a set of meerkats and then it's too late, which is what Cojak is alluding to.

A clever client will drop their rates for any outstanding perm positions in the next few months.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I did that over a year ago, I spent a long time picking the right consultancy that would offer me the right salary and benefits (I decided that I'd accept the same as an equivalent Chartered Engineer would get in a good part of the country - I'm not greedy after all. ).

All savvy contractors who want to turn will be looking in September - you need to start your research now.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Glass half full man eh?

wasn't far wrong was I?

Comment

Working...
                      X