• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collective bargaining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    OK, so that I know what your level of understanding is, and for you to know mine, answer this question
    ive a fair idea of yours.
    supporting a decades old application written in Cobol, probably.
    there's a clue in my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      ive a fair idea of yours.
      supporting a decades old application written in Cobol, probably.
      there's a clue in my username.

Your username doesn't register with me.

Your assessment of my skills is only partially correct.

So, can you answer my question? and while we are at it, interpret the following into English -

FA35A1056302

and the fact that I can, should demonstrate that I do know a lot more about mainframes than you seem to think. If you can't answer these questions, then clearly in my area of IBM mainframe expertise, I know more than you do. The fact that I don't know the finer details of what IBM mainframes can emulate is only because I've not worked in that area. I only know of the existence of REXX, but have never used it. There are probably others, DB2 being one I know of.

However, I've been thinking more on what my German colleagues said, and I guess what they meant is that the IBM mainframe they were using was "serving" data to a Windows platform, just as the machine I support does now on a daily basis.

So, I'm awaiting an answer from you.

Comment

blah blah blah

So, I'm awaiting an answer from you.
        don't hold your breath

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          don't hold your breath
          OK, so I take that as you don't know as much about IBM mainframes as I do.

Comment

you take it however you like.
            i don't do development.

Comment

I think this thread has run its course and has descended into a pi$$ing contest.

I'll ask the mods to close it.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by johnthebike View Post
                while we are at it, interpret the following into english -

fa35a1056302

fa35a1056302 = DILLIGAS

Comment

It is not that your take on how to approach IR35 is that big a deal. The reason you get to be a 'martyr' is because you keep involving yourself in exchanges like this and keep pushing them.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    It is not that your take on how to approach IR35 is that big a deal. The reason you get to be a 'martyr' is because you keep involving yourself in exchanges like this and keep pushing them.

HTH.
                    but as Basil said, I didn't start the war. I will always defend myself against any slur on my expertise. I was writing machine code programs when many on here were just swimming round in a sac.

Comment

Working...
                    X