• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heads up inside IR35 offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    So go on, then! - push back!

good luck.

let us know how you get on.
    I agree with this. What's the plan Black Eagle?

Comment

Client: So, from April 2020 we're classifying your work as inside IR35. But, don't worry, we're raising your day rate from £500 to £600 per day

Contractor: Great, thanks, but where are my employee rights?

Client: Sure, you can get employee rights. But you have to sign this contract with a £60K salary.

Contractor:

I find it a bit disingenuous to expect employee rights except the one that most differentiates employees and contractors.
      Last edited by Paralytic; 19 July 2019, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeagle View Post
        Disguised or not you will become an employee

%100 Do you have any legal definition to prove that wrong?
        Do you have an proof you are actually making a true statement?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Do you have an proof you are actually making a true statement?
          only the ET can determine that!

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
            I agree with this. What's the plan Black Eagle?
            yes, what's your cunning plan BE ??

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              Tell him about the difference between tax and employment law and the situation as it stands after he goes inside but before he's won at ET.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Tell him about the difference between tax and employment law and the situation as it stands after he goes inside but before he's won at ET.
                well, despite my previous question, no one has been able to advise us what issues the FTT will consider, which the ET will not, and vice versa. So I can't advise him as you suggest. Until some legal eagle here can point out the differences, then clearly I can't advise him.

Comment

well, despite my previous question, no one has been able to advise us what issues the FTT will consider, which the ET will not, and vice versa. So I can't advise him as you suggest. Until some legal eagle here can point out the differences, then clearly I can't advise him.
                  Which is enough to prove his comment you are 100% employed is incorrect.

Comment

Lets make something clear Employment Tribunal will decide whether you were a worker or a disguised employee, that's something else. I am aware that HMRC is most of the time is wrong accessing the employment status. But starting April End Client will determine the status and there is no need for an ET then. And when the client says you are an "disguised employee" then you may ask for your employee rights! Simple. Wait and see ETs starting dealing with this kind of new cases starting from April!. By new case I mean End Client decides "disguised employee" so there is no more ET whether to decide your employment status! But employees are free to start now new cases in ETs asking for employee rights that simple! I hope I made myself clear.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeagle View Post
                      Lets make something clear Employment Tribunal will decide whether you were a worker or a disguised employee, that's something else. I am aware that HMRC is most of the time is wrong accessing the employment status. But starting April End Client will determine the status and there is no need for an ET then. And when the client says you are an "disguised employee" then you may ask for your employee rights! Simple. Wait and see ETs starting dealing with this kind of new cases starting from April!. By new case I mean End Client decides "disguised employee" so there is no more ET whether to decide your employment status! But employees are free to start now new cases in ETs asking for employee rights that simple! I hope I made myself clear.
                      In bold - That isn't what the client is saying.

You are talking about us all being a Susan Winchester here aren't you?
                      What do we do if they say no?

Comment

Working...
                      X