• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heads up inside IR35 offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have been offered inside IR35 extensions starting from April 2020. Once you are offered around %20 rate increase, are you asking your end client or agency about your employee rights? Disguised or not you will become an employee, you will no more have a Consultancy business and become an extension to the flexible workforce with no security. Well if you accept this I suggest you better considering an employee.

I am really frustrated to see not a significant push back from contractor community for such blanket decisions from end clients! I would like to notify you about these Enterprises are just measuring your reactions if you were offered inside IR35 after April. If all of you just also start asking your employee rights in such a change. You will then see your end client holding actual meetings about this and stoping blanket decisions and coming up with better plans.

Because at the moment HMRC is threatening enterprises and the enterprises are just looking for an easy way out. And offering %20 more rate is only silly.

On the other hand don't forget you are no more in control of your own cash flow and always taxed for all your personal income at maximum versus having the control over how much you will transfer to your private account every fiscal year and saving your business funds to give long breaks or to invest in new ideas and projects for your company. And I guess no more deductions from your internal business investments.

Why because at the end you just receive a PAYE!

So as a result my conclusion is inside IR35 = +%20 is wrong. In other words with +%20 you are still losing! Think about this. I hope I made myself clear.

Originally posted by blackeagle View Post
    For those who have been offered inside IR35 extensions starting from April 2020. Once you are offered around %20 rate increase, are you asking your end client or agency about your employee rights? Disguised or not you will become an employee, you will no more have a Consultancy business and become an extension to the flexible workforce with no security. Well if you accept this I suggest you better considering an employee.

I am really frustrated to see not a significant push back from contractor community for such blanket decisions from end clients! I would like to notify you about these Enterprises are just measuring your reactions if you were offered inside IR35 after April. If all of you just also start asking your employee rights in such a change. You will then see your end client holding actual meetings about this and stoping blanket decisions and coming up with better plans.

Because at the moment HMRC is threatening enterprises and the enterprises are just looking for an easy way out. And offering %20 more rate is only silly.

On the other hand don't forget you are no more in control of your own cash flow and always taxed for all your personal income at maximum versus having the control over how much you will transfer to your private account every fiscal year and saving your business funds to give long breaks or to invest in new ideas and projects for your company. And I guess no more deductions from your internal business investments.

Why because at the end you just receive a PAYE!

So as a result my conclusion is inside IR35 = +%20 is wrong. In other words with +%20 you are still losing! Think about this. I hope I made myself clear.
    So go on, then! - push back!

good luck.

let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      So go on, then! - push back!

good luck.

let us know how you get on.
      Well I haven't received such an offer from my client. I started hearing this around from contractors working for large enterprises. I never thought they will dare such an increase offer but it happened no surprise! I hope the consultants or contractors who receive such offers are well aware about this or similar approach!

Comment

Disguised or not you will become an employee
        Are you sure about that??

Not by much and if many other clients are going inside no increase then its golden. If there were other benefits to the gig sucj as location or skills then a drop isn't the end of the world. I've worked outside gigs ranging from 200 to 550 a day. Bit less on the inside gig just makes it one of the lower gigs. Just wait till a good one comes along later.

You are aware this is exactly what has been going in in the Public Sector don't you? Some including myself have taken inflated inside gigs in the PS and have been happy with it.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 18 July 2019, 20:13.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Not by much and if many other clients are going inside no increase then its golden. If there were other benefits to the gig sucj as location or skills then a drop isn't the end of the world. I've worked outside gigs ranging from 200 to 550 a day. Bit less on the inside gig just makes it one of the lower gigs. Just wait till a good one comes along later.

You are aware this is exactly what has been going in in the Public Sector don't you? Some including myself have taken inflated inside gigs in the PS and have been happy with it.
          Oh! I hope you didn't agree to be abused by by your clients. I mean on your inside IR35 contracts, I hope you didn't miss your "employee" rights! From your writing style I am sure you fought for it and got it !

Comment

Originally posted by blackeagle View Post
            Oh! I hope you didn't agree to be abused by by your clients. I mean on your inside IR35 contracts, I hope you didn't miss your "employee" rights! From your writing style I am sure you fought for it and got it !
            What on earth is all that supposed to mean?
            Last edited by northernladuk; 18 July 2019, 22:28.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So you are actually going to stay with the same client after April 2020?????

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

(We get ‘em all here!)

I predict that this is going to be a very short visit, but I have a tent to strike so may be busy for a while...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                So you are actually going to stay with the same client after April 2020?????

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

(We get ‘em all here!)

I predict that this is going to be a very short visit, but I have a tent to strike so may be busy for a while...)
                Well I have not still been pulled into such a decision. The nature of my current consultancy falls outside.

Comment

Disguised or not you will become an employee

%100 Do you have any legal definition to prove that wrong?

Comment

Until there is a substantial ET case specifically revolving around the off payroll rules from April 2020, or how HMRC will approach the issues, I guess we will not be absolutely clear about any of the implications.

Comment

Working...
                    X