• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heads up inside IR35 offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackeagle View Post
    Well I got your points but I haven't considered any brollies nor I will consider in near future.
    You may have to once 2020 hits. Fingers crossed not though.
    We are sharing our opinions; not trying to force to accept something not prefered. From my initial topic starter I have listed my reasons not to go inside IR35 I am still thinking the same.
    What I'm not completely understanding is are you talking about if you were offered an inside gig right now or are you talking about if you get moved inside in 2020?
    Your replies even they are discouraging in style; I am taking some feedback from you as well. So thank you for sharing your thoughts on why you think %20 increase will convince you to become and inside IR35.
    Because the 20% offset the tax loses which means the income was somewhat on a par making it financially worthwhile. I don't care about all the employment stuff as I'm getting paid what I want and I'll be leaving shortly so just not worth it. It's just another gig, maybe paid a little less, but just a gig non the less.
    On the other hand not trusting HMRC's assurances that IR35 switch will not be investigated retrospectively. Because if you accept switching in your current client; that is a very solid evidence that you have been assessing your self wrong in the past.
    I don't believe this is true. It's not a good place to be I'll grant you and you shouldn't be considering it. You should have gone by then. If you are daft enough to stay then that's a cross you'll have to bear. I still believe it will be possible that the new role has changed slightly with certain pillars being removed that were there in the old one so still possible to evidence outside before even though you are inside now. Not in every case and it's not a great place to be in though.
    According CEST I am outside at the moment; so when April comes I will expect my end client to sit together with intermediary and assess the contract individually. If there is a blanket IR35 decision; that will mean my previous assessments on CEST are not respected. Which will mean the end client trying to save themselves from the burden and putting my business into risk!
    I don't think you should be getting so wound up about something that hasn't happened yet. Plenty of clients and agents are engaging the right people to assess the contracts and making the right moves so I'm optimistic. If, what you say, transpires then you just leave and get another gig. I'm not overly concerned about that at present. My evidence now is strong and happy to prove it's an incorrect assessment by the client if push comes to shove.
    If you are kidding yourself, like our recently departed colleague JTB, then you should be very worried.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would not trust HMRC any further than I could throw them with regard to looking at previous contracts with the same client after April 2020. There is some evidence that they are already doing this to PS contractors.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X