Offered a 1 year extension... Offered a 1 year extension... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 23 of 23

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    This.

December 31st comes from some people thinking that you will have been assessed between Jan and March, but my date would have been around the middle/end of Feb depending on timesheet submission.

You do not want any payments going through the April payroll, and staying on beyond 6th March may well do that.
    Why does a payment after the 5th of April make a difference? I've sorted out my contract until the 3rd april so assumed that would be a nice clean cut. My thinking was that the contract is assessed as outside/inside Ir35 and the contract ends on 3rd April. Surely the payment date is irrelevant?

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Why does a payment after the 5th of April make a difference? I've sorted out my contract until the 3rd april so assumed that would be a nice clean cut. My thinking was that the contract is assessed as outside/inside Ir35 and the contract ends on 3rd April. Surely the payment date is irrelevant?
    Completely wrong. It will be caught by the legislation regardless of when you worked it. Its the payment that counts.

IR35: reform extended to the private sector - WTT Consulting

HMRC’s published guidance claims that the legislation will apply to contracts entered into or payments made on or after 6 April 2020. Even if your contract finishes in March 2020, if you do not receive payment until June 2020, the legislation will apply. If the role is deemed to be within IR35, tax and national insurance contributions are required to be paid – by the fee payer – at rates equivalent to an employee.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 5th August 2019 at 10:50.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

What he said ^^^^^
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).