• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offered a 1 year extension...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    This.

December 31st comes from some people thinking that you will have been assessed between Jan and March, but my date would have been around the middle/end of Feb depending on timesheet submission.

You do not want any payments going through the April payroll, and staying on beyond 6th March may well do that.
    Why does a payment after the 5th of April make a difference? I've sorted out my contract until the 3rd april so assumed that would be a nice clean cut. My thinking was that the contract is assessed as outside/inside Ir35 and the contract ends on 3rd April. Surely the payment date is irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      Why does a payment after the 5th of April make a difference? I've sorted out my contract until the 3rd april so assumed that would be a nice clean cut. My thinking was that the contract is assessed as outside/inside Ir35 and the contract ends on 3rd April. Surely the payment date is irrelevant?
      Completely wrong. It will be caught by the legislation regardless of when you worked it. Its the payment that counts.

IR35: reform extended to the private sector - WTT Consulting

HMRC’s published guidance claims that the legislation will apply to contracts entered into or payments made on or after 6 April 2020. Even if your contract finishes in March 2020, if you do not receive payment until June 2020, the legislation will apply. If the role is deemed to be within IR35, tax and national insurance contributions are required to be paid – by the fee payer – at rates equivalent to an employee.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 5 August 2019, 10:50.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What he said ^^^^^
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Completely wrong. It will be caught by the legislation regardless of when you worked it. Its the payment that counts.

Great information, as I was going to get my contract extended only to end of March(if I don't move). Weekly paid, but still means I need to look at the middle of March at the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            Great information, as I was going to get my contract extended only to end of March(if I don't move). Weekly paid, but still means I need to look at the middle of March at the latest.
            Usually you get paid 28 days after, make sure you take that into account...
            "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

has anyone in the public sector attempted to challenge this anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                has anyone in the public sector attempted to challenge this anywhere?
                No.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No.
                  mmm, pity!

Comment

Anyone fancy a holiday in March 2020?

Seems like there will be a lot of people free that month

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      Anyone fancy a holiday in March 2020?

Seems like there will be a lot of people free that month
                      As long as Brexit does not screw the market it looks like the Agent's will be lining their pockets in the new year. I might join them, for the new year, anyone have some spare hair gel and fake tan?
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X