• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the general % split between public sector contracts being In or Out of IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Even if you could find such cases - PsychoCandy managed to get a rate increase, for example (I know, right?) - I don't think they'll be representative, post April 2020. Up until April 2020, the PS has been at a disadvantage and needed to attract people. That will change in April 2020.
    Right. If it is only 10%, my guess is there won't be much of an uplift. If it is 25-30%, you'll start to see a difference. The more outside jobs there are, the fewer contractors will want to accept the inside jobs. The result will be, over time, that more clients will be willing to structure jobs to be outside, or willing to pay more for the inside jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cran View Post
      I'm about to buy a house and trying to anticipate my likely income over the next 10 years.

10% sounds reasonable, so its pretty unlikely that I will find a contract Out of IR35.

For public sector contracts, have contractors been able to ask for an extra £50-100 per day to cover the loss of earnings or are clients offering slightly high rates? I think to earn the same as I was before, I'd need to charge £170 extra per day, which I can't see happening.

Again, just trying to gauge the feeling, rather than an exact number
      No, 95% get exactly the same rate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        No, 95% get exactly the same rate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Public Sector contracts are only worth it if there's a short commute involved.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Public Sector contracts are only worth it if there's a short commute involved.
          ...because you can't claim travel expenses in IR35?

Comment

No, because they are boring, political and very inefficient, instilling thoughts of "where did my life go so wrong?"

Comment

Are you asking to clarify Cojaks comment or are you asking about rules around expenses on inside gigs?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Are you asking to clarify Cojaks comment or are you asking about rules around expenses on inside gigs?
                Both

Comment

Both
                  Need to get on top of your research then if you are trying to make a plan but don't know some of the basics

Expenses and inside IR35 here...
                  Which expenses can contractors claim when working inside IR35?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X