• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Reform - Changing End Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Something I am unsure about, when will a client provide a list of inside determinations to HMRC? Will this be in April 2020 or potentially sooner?

My client seems they dont want to take on any risk and declaring every contractor inside IR35. I know they cant do this legally but stirring the situation up is not likely to help me. Based on this blanket assessment is now the time to leave or wait until the new year?
    As far as I can see that won't happen unless HMRC specifically ask. The client will pay individuals as inside or outside and report on those as normal. HMRC will ask for evidence of compliance from the client, at this stage the client may disclose all information or just their audit process. HMRC can specifically ask for a list of contractors and payment vehicles but they could do this any time - as evidenced by GSK.

The deadline contractually is any time from December - April depending on payment terms.

Comment

Working...
    X