• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resource solution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector seem to be coping with it from what I've heard. Just been chatting with a contractor who was in an outside IR35 role before his current gig. PRivate sector should be able to fix itself quicker than public you'd hope.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Remember, if they have an Adam’s Apple it’s a bloke

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      LOL! It's with my Gf

Originally posted by eek View Post
      What's unfair? The world changes and you have to identify a new place in it.
      It's unfair that they want to pay me half my rate for the same work I'm doing now. It's unfair not being even assessed. It's unfair being bullied into a contract with the usual reminder "hey the market is dead please accept".

The world changes and I'll adapt or leave if needed. But don't tell me there's nothing unfair about this.
      Last edited by ciaozio; 3 January 2020, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaozio View Post
        The world changes and I'll adapt or leave if needed.
        Careful, I heard the other side is full of experienced contractors. Your chances of finding a contract will be close to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Public sector seem to be coping with it from what I've heard. Just been chatting with a contractor who was in an outside IR35 role before his current gig. PRivate sector should be able to fix itself quicker than public you'd hope.
          No, and this is what really p155es me off. Talk about abusing a dominant position. So, the public sector, unable to find contractors willing to work inside IR35, magically lift the rates. I've seen contract rates usually around £ 400-450 suddenly advertised at £ 650. Who's paying for this? The taxpayer. Isn't that anti-competitive for other companies who can't pick the taxpayers pockets? Where does that leave small/medium companies? Unable to afford the contractors they need because the pubic (yes correct spelling) sector has just shafted them on rates. They came after Microsoft in the 90's and 00's for abusing their dominant market position. How come nobody is attacking the Revenue for the same?

Comment

Originally posted by ciaozio View Post
            It's unfair that they want to pay me half my rate for the same work I'm doing now. It's unfair not being even assessed. It's unfair being bullied into a contract with the usual reminder "hey the market is dead please accept".
            Your client is a business, it uses suppliers to provide goods and services. The business decides what services it needs and what price it's willing to pay for them. The nature of business is always to pay the least amount possible to suppliers. The only exceptions to this would be if you are a 'fair trade' farmer from Kenya ( as an example).
            As a supplier of services, it's your responsibility to find the highest paying client, fairness never comes in to it.

Comment

Sorry, not sure what thread to post in, but I'm not confident about my agency.

They are talking about meeting with the client/legal, me probably being outside IR35 and them sending me an amended contract by the end of the month if the client confirms this.

Surely amendments won't count at this point as I signed the original contract.
              Last edited by Moomin; 8 January 2020, 07:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Moomin View Post
                Sorry, not sure what thread to post in, but I'm not confident about my agency.

They are talking about meeting with the client/legal, me probably being outside IR35 and them sending me an amended contract by the end of the month if the client confirms this.

Surely amendments won't count at this point as I signed the original contract.
                If the amendment is not accepted, my guess is that they’ll terminate your contract and remind you not to hit yer arse on the door on the way out.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                  No, and this is what really p155es me off. Talk about abusing a dominant position. So, the public sector, unable to find contractors willing to work inside IR35, magically lift the rates. I've seen contract rates usually around £ 400-450 suddenly advertised at £ 650. Who's paying for this? The taxpayer. Isn't that anti-competitive for other companies who can't pick the taxpayers pockets? Where does that leave small/medium companies? Unable to afford the contractors they need because the pubic (yes correct spelling) sector has just shafted them on rates. They came after Microsoft in the 90's and 00's for abusing their dominant market position. How come nobody is attacking the Revenue for the same?
                  Not sure what you're on about but he said that his role was tested and deemed outside.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

For those at DB thru resource solutions

some folks might have missed the thread here

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2736540

yours worriedly re-reading a re-issued contract

Comment

Working...
                    X