• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GSK - advice for a newbie please

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you take the full review from QDOS including working practices? Is that where you got the questionnaire from?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Did you take the full review from QDOS including working practices? Is that where you got the questionnaire from?
      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by HelpNeeded101 View Post
        Yes
        But they said outside?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm going to jump in here and point out another clueless ****wit, who despite being a Contractor for 7 years, seems to have next to no comprehension of the forthcoming tax rules.

Educate yourself! When HMRC state 90% of Contractors are non-compliant, I think of people like you and I'm inclined to agree. You need throwing under the bus. I'm sorry pal. A classic example as to why HMRC are so hell bent on ending freelancing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But they said outside?
            The contract itself was outside but based on the questions was inside

I asked for a raise so I could come as inside - have not got a response yet

Comment

Originally posted by MoroccanMole View Post
              I'm going to jump in here and point out another clueless ****wit, who despite being a Contractor for 7 years, seems to have next to no comprehension of the forthcoming tax rules.

Educate yourself! When HMRC state 90% of Contractors are non-compliant, I think of people like you and I'm inclined to agree. You need throwing under the bus. I'm sorry pal. A classic example as to why HMRC are so hell bent on ending freelancing.
              I am a compliant contractor, if I wasn't I wouldn't be so apprehensive about a firm offer at GSK
              I am also willing to accept it is inside ir35 after looking at the working practices and advice from folks here.
              I don't understand all the hostility sir / madam

Comment

Originally posted by HelpNeeded101 View Post
                I don't understand all the hostility sir / madam
                I admire your perseverance with this lot. I would have given up long ago chanting to myself, 'I know best.'

That said, I do think you could leave this thread behind and henceforth allow some sunshine into your day.

Comment

Take it or don’t take it.

The choice is yours.

Thread closed.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                  X