• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GSK - advice for a newbie please

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why don't you just tell us what you want to hear, we can say it, and everything will be happy ever after.

and about those shoelaces??

Comment

Originally posted by HelpNeeded101 View Post
      Would you say the basic £49 package would suffice?
      No. You want the full review with working practices. QDOS are fully aware of the situation at GSK, but there's no harm in poking them about that either and getting their view on risk.

Comment

Hi All

So I asked the agency representing GSK if the role falls inside or outside IR 35.

They gave me a really woolly response, saying it was up to me to determine this fact not them!
        This is good, it’s out

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          why don't you just tell us what you want to hear, we can say it, and everything will be happy ever after.

and about those shoelaces??
          Great input, very captivating

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            This is good, it’s out

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Sorry, do you mean, this gig is outside IR 35 or cats out of the bag, i.e. this is a red flag

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              All that insurance does is to represent you if you get investigated.
              Not true, QDOS also offer tax liability cover.

Comment

Sorry, do you mean, this gig is outside IR 35 or cats out of the bag, i.e. this is a red flag
                Ignore GoT. He knows lots but delights in misleading.

As of now it is your decision as to status. That changes next year unless something serious happens to stop it. There is enough information out there to help you make the decision, including advice from experts. Perhaps have a nose around Homepage | IPSE and read some of their guides as well as the ones on here. They even have a piece on the specific GSK situation.

AS for "paying the tax", the deal is basically that they - not just QDOS but anyone offering such cover - will pay the tax if their assessment of the situation is proven to be wrong. Since they are very good at what they do, right now that might be thought to be belt and braces. After next April, who knows.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My Accountant has told me to tread carefully too, he advised me to ask the agency if the gig is inside or outside
                  They are saying they don't know, so he now wants me to get the contract assessed by QDOS.
                  Would you say the basic £49 package would suffice?

I must admit, alarm bells are starting to go off in my head

Umbrella just seems like a big drop though, do you think I could push the rate up ?
                  I'm sorry but WTF. We are nearly 70 posts deep in to this trying to get you to pull your socks up. Post after post about the difficult situation out there and how risky this is for you.. And you have to ask us if the basic package will do?

You've got be trolling us.

No you can't push the rate up. Your tax situation is none of their concern.

Just take the gig and get on with it. We know you are going to anyway whatever we say.

If the agency say they don't know if it's inside or out then you really are in trouble. Sounds like it's borderline at best and if they come back and say outside for now then that's got to be a strong indication its going to change surely? If I was worried before I'd be doubly so if the agent and client can't decide at this point.
                  I'm a little surprised you've got this far without knowing the status. Didn't you say you'd accepted it?
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 18 September 2019, 00:46.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freewill View Post
                    Not true, QDOS also offer tax liability cover.
                    Only if there is a chance of winning... Which you could argue, with GSK and particularly this poster, is not likely. That's even they will even insure him. No one at GSK that doesn't have insurance now will get it so you'd think that could apply to others joining mid investigation.

But your point is technically correct yes.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 18 September 2019, 02:25.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      You've got be trolling us
                      The penny drops. I've just read the entire thread and, if this person isn't a troll, they're pretty dim.

So I go for troll. In fact, having seen another post on here from someone in a style I very much recognise from Another Place, I think we could be in for more.

Apols HelpNeededetc if you're genuine...

Comment

Working...
                      X