• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GSK - advice for a newbie please

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All
    Last edited by HelpNeeded101; 23 September 2019, 16:07.

Not sure there is a right answer to this but rather you than me. Will be interesting to see if QDOS will give you any insurance though
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You know you will be inside IR35 right ? Did you discuss status at interview or with agent ?

Why are you worried about HMRC when you will pay all tax upfront ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 14 September 2019, 05:56.

Comment

Ask for a permanent role.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          You know you will be inside IR35 right ? Did you discuss status at interview or with agent ?

Why are you worried about HMRC when you will pay all tax upfront ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Forgive my ignorance, but why would I be inside IR35 simply for working at GSK, a huge organisation with countless projects?
          I am a genuine IT contractor who moves around to different clients on average every 12 months and this opportunity is very much a temporary role in the IT PM. function.

I expect to work there as a limited company and pay my corporate tax and VAT fair and square (nothing dodgy) without the typical perks of holidays, pension and sick pay that come with permanent jobs!
          Last edited by HelpNeeded101; 14 September 2019, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Ask for a permanent role.
            I have been contracting 7 years and enjoy the variety, different ways of working and yes the better pay

Comment

Originally posted by HelpNeeded101 View Post
              I have been contracting 7 years and enjoy the variety, different ways of working and yes the better pay
              So not a newbie at all then.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                So not a newbie at all then.
                Haha, forgive me, I meant I am a "newbie" in the sense that I'm brand new to this message board and lack knowledge with regards to IR 35.

My stock in trade is Project Management but when it comes to the HMRC and it's legislation, I am sadly a complete novice. I tend to go project to project and try to do my best for my clients, who compensate me better than if I was a permie, that's all. The nuts and bolts of my contract are handled by the recruitment agencies.
                Last edited by HelpNeeded101; 14 September 2019, 19:01.

Comment

Bit of a wake up call all this GSK and April 2020 stuff then.

Serious question though. How did we get through all the changes to the public sector and you missed the whole thing? I'm struggling to understand how it's possible to have contracted for the last 3 to 4 years and still not be aware. It must have come up somewhere surely.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Bit of a wake up call all this GSK and April 2020 stuff then.

Serious question though. How did we get through all the changes to the public sector and you missed the whole thing? I'm struggling to understand how it's possible to have contracted for the last 3 to 4 years and still not be aware. It must have come up somewhere surely.
                    I am more concerned about now until the end of March with regards to GSK i.e 6 months as that is how long this opportunity will be, so any advice on this hot topic would be much appreciated please

Comment

Working...
                    X