• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector blanket IR35 inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jk3838 View Post
    Seeing this 'under' terminology used a lot recently (as opposed to inside/outside)

Perhaps its from the GSK letters ?

''After looking at the information we have for the 2018 to 2019 tax year, our view is that the contract between your PSC and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) comes under the off-payroll working rules ‘IR35’.''
    And they'd still be wrong. More likely a complete lack of understanding of IR35 IMO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Very good points and links. It does say 'under IR35 REFORM' as jk also points out and all very true and correct.. but looking at the context of the poster that I replied to he's using the wrong terminology. Just pointing it out as it could be down to a lack of understanding of the whole shebang at a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Very good points and links. It does say 'under IR35 REFORM' as jk also points out and all very true and correct.. but looking at the context of the poster that I replied to he's using the wrong terminology. Just pointing it out as it could be down to a lack of understanding of the whole shebang at a fundamental level.
        While context is important, and I'm a pedant at heart (I cringe any time I hear someone say PIN Number), I think its fairly obvious what someone means when they say "under IR35".

Comment

While context is important, and I'm a pedant at heart (I cringe any time I hear someone say PIN Number), I think its fairly obvious what someone means when they say "under IR35".
          Indeed. It might be to us but not to the poster hence my pedantry.

I'd never really notice the PIN number one before thanks you it will now grate my gears for ever more
          Last edited by northernladuk; 24 September 2019, 15:09.

Comment

Don't forget PHP which now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which the PHP FAQ describes as a "recursive acronym."

Comment

same for VIN number

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                Don't forget PHP which now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which the PHP FAQ describes as a "recursive acronym."
                an RPG to me is a Report Program Generator, whilst I guess it means Rocket Propelled Grenade for most of the public.
                Last edited by JohntheBike; 25 September 2019, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  an RPG to me is a Report Program Generator, whilst I guess it means Rocket Propelled Gun for most of the public.
                  Don't think so, most people would read it as Rocket Propelled Grenade, I don't think a rocket propelled gun would be much use

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    an RPG to me is a Report Program Generator, whilst I guess it means Rocket Propelled Gun for most of the public.
                    Erm.. Well at least he didn't mention his court case I guess... :

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
                      Don't think so, most people would read it as Rocket Propelled Grenade, I don't think a rocket propelled gun would be much use
                      And Rocket Propelled grenade is a backronym from Russian ручной противотанковый гранатомёт meaning "hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher" (as this isn't an academic site source Rocket-propelled grenade - Wikipedia)

Comment

Working...
                      X