• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    NLUK, I am working abroad at the moment, been for a while, so haven't followed in details with all the Brexit mess... I am working through a 3rd party payrolll as working with Ltd in this country not allowed, however, tax are low here plus rates are higher than the UK, so its working out.
    So if that's the case how can you sit there and tell us what we should be doing when you aren't even part of it. Just gets worse.
    Am thinking this model could also work in the UK
    So we are getting in to the ridiculous here. I don't think that argument helps one iota and is not going to happen so so a little pointless and completely off topic for this thread.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      By making no determination they are hoping contractors will switch and not leave.
      More fool them contractors then.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        More fool them contractors then.
        I agree.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          So if that's the case how can you sit there and tell us what we should be doing when you aren't even part of it. Just gets worse.

So we are getting in to the ridiculous here. I don't think that argument helps one iota and is not going to happen so so a little pointless and completely off topic for this thread.
          You only lack excitement in your life, hence jump on any post I make !!
          Had to leave the UK as there were no contracts, and UK is home, hoping to get back, yes I have every right to have a say, like it or bang your head against the wall.

Yes I do think this model works, at the end of the day a contractor is there as a business person, and business person wants better profit under better conditions, less complicated structure, better relationship with clients, safety of client to guard their own safety.

Comment

I think that we all need to agree to disagree on this one...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I think that we all need to agree to disagree on this one...
              I am very open and supportive of everyone having their own opinions and thoughts on the topic. I just don't think they should post them because they are wrong.

Comment

I think if the contractors refuse and stand their grounds, like finding contracts in smaller companies/ consultancies where IR35 does not apply, avoiding contracting direct to banks, we will see some changes.
                completely untrue.

IR35 hasn't changed, and is not expected to change.
                IR35 is not applied, to the client companies. It's all about using a PSC.

The 'reform' is all about who has the burden of responsbility for making the inside/outside determination, and paying the tax ONLY.

Please keep up at the back.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  completely untrue.

IR35 hasn't changed, and is not expected to change.
                  IR35 is not applied, to the client companies. It's all about using a PSC.

The 'reform' is all about who has the burden of responsbility for making the inside/outside determination, and paying the tax ONLY.

Please keep up at the back.
                  IR35 is not even a law yet for private sector!!

Yes agree.

As I said since changes in Ltd company laws circa 2015, reduction of the dividend allowance, plus the changes in the law for BTL ( unable to claim the mortgage as business loan expenses, inability to claim for managing the property unless you paid most of your profit to an agency) plus the Brexit economical impact ... not many companies are investing in new projects... I don't think the existing contracting through Ltd works for me in the UK, and from speaking to others its the same, many do not see it viable any longer. A change is required.

If things go back to even the way it was in 2015, yes I'd be supportive, but now the Ltd route for me does not work at all. With the addition of IR35 the benefit nullified..

The only way is to review other routes in which we contract or supply services, and am comparing it to other countries where this has been implemented and contracting is still viable.

Comment

Seriously? Just log off please.

Comment

Yes agree.

As I said since changes in Ltd company laws circa 2015, reduction of the dividend allowance, plus the changes in the law for BTL ( unable to claim the mortgage as business loan expenses, inability to claim for managing the property unless you paid most of your profit to an agency) plus the Brexit economical impact ... not many companies are investing in new projects... I don't think the existing contracting through Ltd works for me in the UK, and from speaking to others its the same, many do not see it viable any longer. A change is required.

If things go back to even the way it was in 2015, yes I'd be supportive, but now the Ltd route for me does not work at all. With the addition of IR35 the benefit nullified..

The only way is to review other routes in which we contract or supply services, and am comparing it to other countries where this has been implemented and contracting is still viable.
                      IR35 has always applied since inception, to anyone who engages through their own limited company with any client. However, IR35 actually existed in practical terms even before its inception, particularly in the building trade. A good friend of mine who was a builder was always careful to ensure that those tradesmen he engaged were truly at arm's length from his business, so that HMRC couldn't class them as employees for tax purposes.

Comment

Working...
                      X