• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    BA?
    Bullsh1t Artist.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Indeed, while I am still a Senior BA, I had to lose the BA title to get a decent salary (yep, you did read that right...)
      So you're just a Senior now?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Business Analyst
        whatever happened to systems analysts?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          whatever happened to systems analysts?
          Now known as Technical BA's.

This will likely change next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            So you're just a Senior now?
            Yes. [emoji3]
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              BA’s in my team at Lloyd’s were offered 92K base + bonus + car + benefits

London - payments

Guys on £850 a day as contractors

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Question:

Is that the rate the agency are billing them at or the gross rate the contractor is billing the agency?

If the latter, a ~£130K package is not far off a £550 day rate (allowing £300 for the agency)...

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                Question:

Is that the rate the agency are billing them at or the gross rate the contractor is billing the agency?

If the latter, a ~£130K package is not far off a £550 day rate (allowing £300 for the agency)...

M
                £850 to the contractors

Can’t pay them £130K as that’s program directors salary and they would be outside the pay scale £92K is the highest of the high for the band so would never increase either

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  High quality PMs are worth paying for. I’ve yet to meet a fantastic BA. Salaries seem to indicate this is there just aren’t that many great BAs out there. I would expect the top 10% of BAs to be on an extra £10k to £15k above the average. Those roles will likely not emerge for another year as colonies attempt to hoover up excessive numbers of discounted ex-contractors.
                  I used to work for a top consultancy. The BA’s were very good. We used to go to other company’s and mentor their BA’s as part of the deal.

I agree. 90% of BA’s are terrible.

Comment

I thought today was supposed to be some type of deadline about what options you wanted to pick for next year?
                    I had a very brief chat with someone a couple of weeks ago who didn't know much and was just reading off a script. I've had no response since about options, rates, salaries, umbrellas etc?

Seems quite a few are in a similar boat. For all the noise Lloyds have made about valuing a flexible workforce, in practice they are treating that workforce with contempt.

Everything has gone deathly quiet the past 2 or 3 weeks since the initial announcement.

Very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyB View Post
                      I thought today was supposed to be some type of deadline about what options you wanted to pick for next year?
                      I had a very brief chat with someone a couple of weeks ago who didn't know much and was just reading off a script. I've had no response since about options, rates, salaries, umbrellas etc?

Seems quite a few are in a similar boat. For all the noise Lloyds have made about valuing a flexible workforce, in practice they are treating that workforce with contempt.

Everything has gone deathly quiet the past 2 or 3 weeks since the initial announcement.

Very poor.
                      It is, I’ve had several conversations
                      "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Working...
                      X