• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A builder? He must be the only one. They are the worst for this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      IR35 is not even a law yet for private sector!!
      Cannot believe that I've just read that!

HMRC are going to love you....hope you have plenty of lube

Comment

keep your hair on, I meant the new changes in the IR35 it wont take affect until April 2020 , if they have already taken effect please correct me?

Comment

keep your hair on, I meant the new changes in the IR35 it wont take affect until April 2020 , if they have already taken effect please correct me?
          That's not what you said though.

Comment

IR35 is not even a law yet for private sector!!
            Umm, well not before April 2000, but since then it has been.

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
            Cannot believe that I've just read that!

HMRC are going to love you....hope you have plenty of lube
            It truly baffles me as well, on a similar note I've spoken to agents (from long established agencies) who say "blah blah blah... it's private sector so IR35 doesn't apply... blah blah blah"

Comment

What I am interested in is how a lloyds permie salary would compare to £550/day rate. Even with 85% of £550/d. Anyone knows how much do they offer?

Also, thinking about it - we all thought private sector will fight the IR35 rules change - but public sector didnt give a feck and I dont know a single contractor determined inside. Logically, if they got it wrong they will have to pay to HMRC, but the money come from HMRC so it is just moving money from one pocket to the other hence the reluctance of HMRC to really pursue cases in PbS.
              Needless to say it will be very different in this respect with PrS.

Comment

Really? 10 secs on jobserve will show a raft of inside gigs. You do know someone, me. I've been inside on a PS gig.

Have you worded that correctly?

Not sure I agree with the HMRC reasoning. They imposed this whole debacle on their own PS people costing them millions so chasing the odd contractor or client for wrong determination isn't out of the realms of possibility.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 1 October 2019, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                  What I am interested in is how a lloyds permie salary would compare to £550/day rate. Even with 85% of £550/d. Anyone knows how much do they offer?
                  Yep, heard from other contractors, Lloyd about 45K, HSBC about 50 -55K

Comment

<mod snip>

Otherwise:
                    £45-55k. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                      Otherwise:
                      £45-55k. Really?
                      Totally, I got it from contractors who work there... I said what's the point of working for a bank for that much money when you can make more working for public sector noddy job?

Comment

Working...
                      X