• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What level are they going in at? That's almost graduate pay isn't it?

Comment

Permie BA rates in Glasgow:
      Barclays ~ £45k through £55k
      Clydesdale ~ £40k through £45k; circa £50k for "Senior"
      Lloyds ~ £45k
      RBS ~ £35k through £40k
      Scot. Gov. ~£25k through £28k... yup, you read that correctly.

Looks like to could be back to home-made corned-beef rolls for lunch for some next year.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        Totally, I got it from contractors who work there... I said what's the point of working for a bank for that much money when you can make more working for public sector noddy job?
        Where? London, NW, Scotland.
        What role? PMO, PM, Service, senior manager?

Lloyd's 45k?

Lloyds Banking Group Project Management Salaries in London, England | Indeed.co.uk
        Last edited by northernladuk; 1 October 2019, 13:56.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wow, that'll increase the tax take

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
            Wow, that'll increase the tax take
            No more % for the recruitment firms, think about how that's going to affect cheap shinny suites and hair gel sales and PCP deals for hot hatches. Also less % take for the accountants out there. The only winners here are the consultancies.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Speaking of day rates/salaries equivalencies. Gig in the Public Sector paid £500-700 a day (inside ir35) had the equivalent permanent role advertised at £35k.

Seems like they keep posting the ad periodically but nobody applies and/or who applies don't have a quarter of the skills contractors have.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Speaking of day rates/salaries equivalencies. Gig in the Public Sector paid £500-700 a day (inside ir35) had the equivalent permanent role advertised at £35k.

Seems like they keep posting the ad periodically but nobody applies and/or who applies don't have a quarter of the skills contractors have.
                Yep, seen this in PbS.
                On the other hand permies in the PbS couldnt care less and dont give a feck about working. It is basically £35-40k for doing nothing.
                Still even at £60k at banks I dont see how and who will be willing to switch to PAYE... What is going to happen is only the most desperate ones will do it only until they find an outside gig.
                Banks will (hopefully) have a resource crisis.
                Last edited by pscont; 1 October 2019, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Permie BA rates in Glasgow:
                  Barclays ~ £45k through £55k
                  Clydesdale ~ £40k through £45k; circa £50k for "Senior"
                  Lloyds ~ £45k
                  RBS ~ £35k through £40k
                  Scot. Gov. ~£25k through £28k... yup, you read that correctly.

Looks like to could be back to home-made corned-beef rolls for lunch for some next year.
                  Definitely the around the going rate for BA roles in the East Midlands (minus Barclays - that's a better rate).
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Definitely the around the going rate for BA roles in the East Midlands (minus Barclays - that's a better rate).
                    BA’s in my team at Lloyd’s were offered 92K base + bonus + car + benefits

London - payments

Guys on £850 a day as contractors

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                      Yep, seen this in PbS.
                      On the other hand permies in the PbS couldnt care less and dont give a feck about working. It is basically £35-40k for doing nothing.
                      True that. I've worked in more than one public sector organisation and I've never seen people working less than public servants. Salaries on the low side but they do nothing, have 15-20% company pension, and more often than not flexible working allowing them to work from home up to 2 days a week (at least at my current gig).

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                      Banks will (hopefully) have a resource crisis.
                      Wipro and the likes will be all over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X