• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I just don't think they should post them because they are wrong.
    That is what is known as a 'blanket determination.'

Comment

Isn't it exciting? HMRC has finally found the solution to make sure that those who are inside IR35 will be taxed properly.

And they have assured us over and over again that it will have NO EFFECT on those who are truly self-employed! Because of course clients will not make blanket determinations, that would be against the law!

But clients aren't stupid and they aren't going to take on major risks and a lot of hassles just so HMRC can avoid doing their own job.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        Wipro and the likes will be all over it.
        and the banks will still have a resource crisis.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

yep, but no more money to hire anyone anymore

Comment

yep, but no more money to hire anyone anymore
            why? are they getting KPMG to audit WiPro?
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Permie BA rates in Glasgow:
              Barclays ~ £45k through £55k
              Clydesdale ~ £40k through £45k; circa £50k for "Senior"
              Lloyds ~ £45k
              RBS ~ £35k through £40k
              Scot. Gov. ~£25k through £28k... yup, you read that correctly.

Looks like to could be back to home-made corned-beef rolls for lunch for some next year.
              This one BA in Glasgow or Edinburgh offers £29,759 - 34,087 not huge I grant you, but added together with the Civil Service pension which after a good few years and promotion in to the Cx positions could be quite tidy, I guess it depends where you are in career/life.

Just noticed this one £37,418 - 45,241

Oh and you can add £4k to both of the above after 9 months if it's just about the money.
              Last edited by gables; 1 October 2019, 15:56.

Comment

Wipro and the likes will be all over it.
                Ohh, how I wish to see a team of 99% <snip> to develop banking software. 'But sir it works on my computer [in bangalore], so no problem.'
                Last edited by administrator; 3 October 2019, 00:25. Reason: Shawadiwadi is a decade old. Oh how times have changed. A meme before the snowflakes coined the phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  This one BA in Glasgow or Edinburgh offers £29,759 - 34,087 not huge I grant you, but added together with the Civil Service pension which after a good few years and promotion in to the Cx positions could be quite tidy, I guess it depends where you are in career/life.

Just noticed this one £37,418 - 45,241

Oh and you can add £4k to both of the above after 9 months if it's just about the money.
                  Do they pay the same for the other three quarters of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                    Do they pay the same for the other three quarters of the year?

To be completely fair, you can advance your career pretty quickly in the public sector and you could be a senior ba before you're 30, then reach the top of the salary band (45k) in another 3-4 years.

As a let's say 35 year old earning 45k in a cheap city such as Glasgow, you'd be having a pretty good life. Flats/houses in decent areas don't cost a lot.

For Edinburgh it's a bit different.

Comment

Lloyds Banking Group or Lloyds of London Insurance?

Can anyone confirm re IR35 and the "Lloyds" rumors - is it Lloyds Banking Group or Lloyds of London Insurance?

Comment

Working...
                      X