• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds show their IR35 hand.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Question - Barclays & Lloyd's make the assessment decisions - but isn't their rec agency (fee payer) liable with any risk on 'wrong' assessments? So they are making decisions to protect their agencies rather than their own risk (apart from reputation in the contracting world)? I maybe wrong - so shout me down .......
    They aren't make assessment so there's nothing to go wrong and therefore no risk.

If a determination is to be made, its the client who does it and it is the client who could be liable if they don't "take reasonable care"

Have a read of this:

April 2020 changes to off-payroll working for clients - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      They aren't make assessment so there's nothing to go wrong and therefore no risk.

If a determination is to be made, its the client who does it and it is the client who could be liable if they don't "take reasonable care"

Have a read of this:

April 2020 changes to off-payroll working for clients - GOV.UK
      Lloyds are absolutely crystal clear on this point. They have categorically stated that they have decided not to determine if roles were previously inside or outside.

Comment

Originally posted by topcat2006uk View Post
        Can anyone confirm re IR35 and the "Lloyds" rumors - is it Lloyds Banking Group or Lloyds of London Insurance?
        A friend of mine is at Lloyds of London Insurance, from April 2020 their preference is FTC or Permie with PSC contractors as a last resort
        He reckons 60% of IT are contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by porto4 View Post
          A friend of mine is at Lloyds of London Insurance, from April 2020 their preference is FTC or Permie with PSC contractors as a last resort
          He reckons 60% of IT are contractors.
          Lloyd’s of London and Lloyd’s banking group are different companies (surprisingly)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

To be completely fair, you can advance your career pretty quickly in the public sector and you could be a senior ba before you're 30, then reach the top of the salary band (45k) in another 3-4 years.

As a let's say 35 year old earning 45k in a cheap city such as Glasgow, you'd be having a pretty good life. Flats/houses in decent areas don't cost a lot.

For Edinburgh it's a bit different.

High quality PMs are worth paying for. I’ve yet to meet a fantastic BA. Salaries seem to indicate this is there just aren’t that many great BAs out there. I would expect the top 10% of BAs to be on an extra £10k to £15k above the average. Those roles will likely not emerge for another year as colonies attempt to hoover up excessive numbers of discounted ex-contractors.

Comment

I am told, by my accountant who has clients in these places, that the following are Not blanket deciding. Be it 'Inside' or 'No More Contractors'.

Capita, TSB and Nationwide.

Can anyone corroborate?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                I am told, by my accountant who has clients in these places, that the following are Not blanket deciding. Be it 'Inside' or 'No More Contractors'.

Capita, TSB and Nationwide.

Can anyone corroborate?

I think you might be right with Capita

I’ve seen them advertise 6 month FTC for a migration project. I think surely this would’ve been a day rate previously. They are trying to get around the less flexibility to travel by offering any of their offices and some WFH.

I’ve also seen them advertise a contract in the same field of work but a different project. That one is day rate. But no mention of IR35 plans
                Last edited by PTP; 9 October 2019, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  High quality PMs are worth paying for. I’ve yet to meet a fantastic BA. Salaries seem to indicate this is there just aren’t that many great BAs out there. I would expect the top 10% of BAs to be on an extra £10k to £15k above the average. Those roles will likely not emerge for another year as colonies attempt to hoover up excessive numbers of discounted ex-contractors.
                  Indeed, while I am still a Senior BA, I had to lose the BA title to get a decent salary (yep, you did read that right...)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

BA?
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      BA?
                      Business Analyst
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X