Dilemma Dilemma - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Dilemma

  1. #21

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PTP View Post
    I know that.

    Agencies was probably the wrong term then. I've had e-mails from agency/MSP/whoever it is doing the dirty work for the client saying that they (the client or 3rd party assisting the client) have started their project to assess contractors. And that's been a common message here
    Maybe its too late for me to make any sense of this. The first was wrong and the second is just agencies communicating clients intentions. What's wrong with that? Doesn't make any sense.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #22

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe its too late for me to make any sense of this. The first was wrong and the second is just agencies communicating clients intentions. What's wrong with that? Doesn't make any sense.
    You're too picky The point is, there's already a snapshot of who needs assessing and they'll all be assessed regardless of whether their contract ends/quits beween now and Jan/Feb

  3. #23

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,448

    Default Dilemma

    That isn’t an issue to me. If you have a review and your working practices match the outside assessment then you can provide evidence that your assessment is correct. So if you leave they have nothing to say that the new engagement is the same.

    And at the moment your IR35 insurance will support your defence if required.

  4. #24

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PTP View Post
    You're too picky The point is, there's already a snapshot of who needs assessing and they'll all be assessed regardless of whether their contract ends/quits beween now and Jan/Feb
    I'm picky too. Can you specifically say what is happening here as you've changed from agencies starting procedures and issuing SDS to now saying the client is assessing in advance of Jan/Feb and the agent will be sending out notifications of some sort. And you're speaking about this as if it will happen everywhere. You've not said how widespread this is.

    I'm not sure what its adding - its obvious that some clients will be looking at assessments now and its obvious that some will get the agencies to send the communications.

    The only point of concern would be if agencies (or clients) started sending our formal client-made SDS in Jan/Feb. Is that what you are saying will happen? I'm not expecting you to name names, but what evidence do you have of this?

  5. #25

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    That isn’t an issue to me. If you have a review and your working practices match the outside assessment then you can provide evidence that your assessment is correct. So if you leave they have nothing to say that the new engagement is the same.

    And at the moment your IR35 insurance will support your defence if required.
    It's an annoying position to be in as I have another contract lined up to start in the new year but they have said the role is outside currently but the client hasn't made a determination on post April. So waiting on confirmation of that.

    However, my current client is doing it all now before I intend to leave at the end of the year.

    Bit of a sh!t show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •