• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco Bank determines all contractors inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco Bank determines all contractors inside IR35

Tesco Bank blanket assesses all contractors as inside IR35 from March 2020
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

At least they've said it's an interim, albeit non-compliant, approach. Evidence that uncertainty around what's going to be in the finance bill means businesses don't have enough time to implement a proper policy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      At least they've said it's an interim, albeit non-compliant, approach. Evidence that uncertainty around what's going to be in the finance bill means businesses don't have enough time to implement a proper policy.
      Having a determination makes the decision to leave in uncertain times much easier at least. Should put anyone remaining in prime position for investigation
      "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Er, and where does Mr Qudos and others think these contractors are going to go with the market how it is? Into the Public Sector where these IR35 rules are already in force? On the bench?

Walking away isnt really an option for the majority in a depressed market.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Er, and where does Mr Qudos and others think these contractors are going to go with the market how it is? Into the Public Sector where these IR35 rules are already in force? On the bench?

Walking away in to the public sector even inside is a much better idea then having a HMRC target painted on your back. Even the bench would be a better option than giving ammunition to HMRC for x amount of backtax.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
            Having a determination makes the decision to leave in uncertain times much easier at least. Should put anyone remaining in prime position for investigation
            Surely leaving BEFORE the determination puts you in a better position than leaving after it. Whether you agree with the outcome of it or not, you're basically leaving with a target on your back in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

The public sector is coming out the other side of the changes now. More and more roles are being flagged as outside or rates have been increased to compensate. I'm getting calls for roles at £700+ per day inside that would have paid £4-500 2 years ago and more roles are being advertised as outside by a large number of PS organisations.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                The public sector is coming out the other side of the changes now. More and more roles are being flagged as outside or rates have been increased to compensate. I'm getting calls for roles at £700+ per day inside that would have paid £4-500 2 years ago and more roles are being advertised as outside by a large number of PS organisations.
                And... if you sign up for the DOS framework (DOS4 has just closed, but add yourself to the mailing list for next year), you can contract pretty much direct and nearly all the gigs are outside.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  I have seen this as well. Scarce skills sets will remain scarce, even after April 2020. The commodity contractor skills are where there is a lack of supplier power in the relationship.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    And... if you sign up for the DOS framework (DOS4 has just closed, but add yourself to the mailing list for next year), you can contract pretty much direct and nearly all the gigs are outside.
                    Yup, did just that
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X