• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spotted on JobServe: Canary Wharf bank (Barclays?) contractor to consultant backfill!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Also depends on the location. I know BAs on less than that, and a simple search of JobServe shows lots of contracts under £500/day

Find "BUSINESS ANALYST" Jobs with JobServe.com

(not sure how long that search link will last, but just search for business analyst/contractor)
    For this thread specifically, canary wharf and bank, you'd expect most (granted, not all) BAs to have decent domain experience, hence usually commanding a high day rate. Most banks would not even interview a contractor BA without significant experience in the domain. There are many BA's on jobserve, but few with detailed product experience.

Having said that, I wonder if consultancy in this advert outsourcing to the "tier one Investement Bank" think they can wing it with any BA's.

Comment

Originally posted by wiffwaffwaa View Post
      For this thread specifically, canary wharf and bank, you'd expect most (granted, not all) BAs to have decent domain experience, hence usually commanding a high day rate. Most banks would not even interview a contractor BA without significant experience in the domain. There are many BA's on jobserve, but few with detailed product experience.

Having said that, I wonder if consultancy in this advert outsourcing to the "tier one Investement Bank" think they can wing it with any BA's.

Agreed, 100%. If you don't have domain experience you're no good. Helps more if you're an SME and can lead from the front and drive the change.

Comment

Working...
      X