• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had a chat with client about next year...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember prior to 2005 we contractors used to get B2B contracts all over Europe like Holland, France, Belgium etc, I consulted there through my UK ltd, I invoiced through the Ltd and got paid direct into the Ltd, either in sterling or Euros... then all that was stopped, no contracting except through payroll company, with taxes and payroll fees taken away at source, this made it non viable for me to contract again in Europe... I think the UK just following suit with this IR35... of course there are still some cases that could consult through UK ltd there, same way there will be contractors that are able to get outside IR35 contracts here after April, but not the majority...
    There are still a few European countries that would permit you to work through your own consulting UK ltd, but thanks to Brexit, many of European employer wont consider a Brit due to uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      I remember prior to 2005 we contractors used to get B2B contracts all over Europe like Holland, France, Belgium etc, I consulted there through my UK ltd, I invoiced through the Ltd and got paid direct into the Ltd, either in sterling or Euros... then all that was stopped, no contracting except through payroll company, with taxes and payroll fees taken away at source, this made it non viable for me to contract again in Europe... I think the UK just following suit with this IR35... of course there are still some cases that could consult through UK ltd there, same way there will be contractors that are able to get outside IR35 contracts here after April, but not the majority...
      There are still a few European countries that would permit you to work through your own consulting UK ltd, but thanks to Brexit, many of European employer wont consider a Brit due to uncertainty.
      WTF?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X