• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This new CEST tool that is being brough in by HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This new CEST tool that is being brough in by HMRC

Are they changing the rule at all (not that I am aware of)?

Or are they making the tool 'more inside-IR35 bias' - defintitely.

Any guidance as to what these 'changes' are?

IIRC they don't really publish a change log

What will happen is some kind soul will sit down and go through every option permutation (I tried it once and had a living room floor covered in post-its) and then share the differences

IIARC the code was on github for a while? It may still be there and may get refreshed when the new version launches

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      IIARC the code was on github for a while? It may still be there and may get refreshed when the new version launches
      Some of the code was publicly available. The logic of the weightings was never public, which is the important thing to know.

I haven't looked for a while to see if it's still there, but I think it was government policy to make it open source and public.
      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        GitHub - hmrc/off-payroll-decision

Doesn't look like the repo has been updated for a few months. Snap shot of some of the code.

Code:
         "For all the expected OUT rules" should {

val actual = getRules(WeightedAnswerEnum.OUTSIDE_IR35)

val expected = List(
              Json.obj(
                workerSentActualSubstitute -> ArrangedSubstitute.yesClientAgreed,
                workerPayActualSubstitute -> true
              ),
              Json.obj(
                workerSentActualSubstitute -> ArrangedSubstitute.noSubstitutionHappened,
                possibleSubstituteRejection -> RejectSubstitute.wouldNotReject,
                possibleSubstituteWorkerPay -> true
              ),
              Json.obj(
                possibleSubstituteRejection -> RejectSubstitute.wouldNotReject,
                possibleSubstituteWorkerPay -> true
              )
            )
        Code:
        def checkResults(score: Score): Option[ResultEnum.Value] = {

val sectionAnswers = Seq(score.personalService, score.control, score.financialRisk, score.partAndParcel).flatten

if (score.exit.contains(ExitEnum.INSIDE_IR35)) {
              Some(ResultEnum.INSIDE_IR35)
            } else if (sectionAnswers.contains(WeightedAnswerEnum.OUTSIDE_IR35)) {
              Some(ResultEnum.OUTSIDE_IR35)
            } else {
              None
            }
          }

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
          The logic of the weightings was never public, which is the important thing to know.
          I think these files show the weightings :

https://github.com/...1.5.0-final/control/scenarios.csv

not sure if that weightings to status calculation is in the code. There is an excel spreadsheet checked in which does have a calculation in it ( 3 years old though).

Small snippet from the excel file under the sheet 'Matrix of Matrices'.
          Code:
          Sections 		Identified Scenarios 							
          Personal Service	Medium			Medium			Medium			Medium	
          Control	Medium		Medium			Medium			High			High	
          Financial Risk		Low			Low			Low			Low	
          Part & Parcel		High			Medium			Low			Low	

Inside IR35 / employed	Inside IR35 / employed	Unable to Determine	Inside IR35 / employed

Comment

Treasury ‘committed’ to April IR35 changes despite election and delayed budget - News for the Oil and Gas Sector

Comment

Working...
            X