• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End client demand for Contractor personal details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End client demand for Contractor personal details

Hi all.
    I'm contracting at a large UK based end client. The contract I have in place is between my limited company and an agency to provide services to this end client. The Agency has the direct relationship with the end client.
    The end client is now asking for my personal address details so they can submit to HMRC.
    In an email they state that "HMRC require us to submit data on contractors where we do not pay PAYE tax, this is to ensure that we are both submitting similar records of employment/engagement for given periods (in this case its 6th July to 5th October). We are legally mandated by HMRC to submit this data, and as this is a legal requirement it does not violate GDPR Rules."
    I'm not sure I agree, I believe that it is a GDPR breach for this personal data to be shared. Can anyone guide me on what responses I should be making?

Many Thanks

I'd also not want to submit this, and if it is a legal requirement, I'm surprised others haven't posted a similar story here.

Is your PSC registered address the same as your home address? If not, I'd give that first.

Of course, the risk is that you refuse and they terminate your engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      I'd also not want to submit this, and if it is a legal requirement, I'm surprised others haven't posted a similar story here.

Is your PSC registered address the same as your home address? If not, I'd give that first.

Of course, the risk is that you refuse and they terminate your engagement.
      It's to do with individual tax, not corporation, etc.
      And by telling you who they are sharing the data with, it's not a breach of GDPR.

The reason others of us haven't posted about it is because these rules have been talked about for some time. Companies have to declare whether the people working for them are inside or outside IR35, they have to provide information on the individuals working for them, so that HMRC have a valid record.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Many Thanks - that clears it up for me.

Comment

I'd immediately call QDOS and ask them

Comment

Working...
          X