My accountants are suffering due ot the April 2020 reforms My accountants are suffering due ot the April 2020 reforms - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 33 of 33

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why should the government go against their HMRC overlords?

This is nothing to do with the government. It is just contractors and HMRC. And contractors have let HMRC win.
    I would say that representative bodies have let HMRC win. Individuals could do very little against HMRC.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I would say that representative bodies have let HMRC win. Individuals could do very little against HMRC.
    I understand what you say and in some ways agree.

However the amount of abuse on CUK for victims of DTA and LC leaves much to be desired. It just opens the floodgates, whether you agree or disagree with them. Only this morning there was a vitriolic attack on LC victims. In professional!

I still think the best way of bringing HMRC under control is via loanchargejustice.com . Which is basically suing HMRC officers for lying. Whether or not you agree with DTA or LC, HMRC must be bought under control.

Super poster

My accountant retired last month, and sold his client and staff to another accountancy firm.

I only found out when they asked me to register the new company with my HMRC online account for VAT, and I asked "who is XYZ Ltd".

Someone in the office phoned, and told me what happened. She said it was down to all the changes happening. I said I was disappointed I hadn't been told/emailed. She said they (the office staff) were told not to publicise it

I haven't named the new accountant above because she said it had come as quite a surprise to all the office staff, things had been hectic for them, and they were probably a little nervous about their own jobs.

If I wasn't considering what to do about my own Ltd myself, I might well have looked to move accountants.