HMRC fail again... HMRC fail again...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 38

Still gathering requirements...

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvoicer View Post

So a little bit of making sure you run your business correctly and some legal support is enough to keep you outside. Who would have thought? Take note all those switching inside ir35 as that acceptance of an inside position could be just the evidence required to win backdated tax.

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    So a little bit of making sure you run your business correctly and some legal support is enough to keep you outside. Who would have thought? Take note all those switching inside ir35 as that acceptance of an inside position could be just the evidence required to win backdated tax.
    And all those newbies whinging about losing money when they get terminated early also take note...

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    From these boards, I've not seen much evidence of many people "switching inside IR35", or even thinking of doing so. Have you seen otherwise?

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    From these boards, I've not seen much evidence of many people "switching inside IR35", or even thinking of doing so. Have you seen otherwise?
    Quiet a lot of us considering our options and quiet a number saying they have, or will close their companies for perm or umbrella. Amazed you haven't noticed.

Fingers like lightning

Two queries ref RALC's now depleted bank account;

1. Am not sure by Dave Chaplin's presence, if RALC was a member of IPSE, and so should have had legal support paid for?
    2. But even if he did not, can I ask what the rules are if the accuser (HMRC) loses and if they should then pay the defendant's legal costs? I thought the HMRC should cough up, no?

But, well done to all concerned. Again an illustration of HMRC's duplicity about just what it will and will not stand by in terms of the CEST output. It really is disgusting.

Am very disappointed by the HMRC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post

1. Am not sure by Dave Chaplin's presence, if RALC was a member of IPSE, and so should have had legal support paid for?
    2. But even if he did not, can I ask what the rules are if the accuser (HMRC) loses and if they should then pay the defendant's legal costs? I thought the HMRC should cough up, no?

But, well done to all concerned. Again an illustration of HMRC's duplicity about just what it will and will not stand by in terms of the CEST output. It really is disgusting.

On reading the article I took a presumption that he didn't have IPSE membership or any form of tax investigation insurance and was having to pay the legal costs himself. Hence the hit on the company.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    On reading the article I took a presumption that he didn't have IPSE membership or any form of tax investigation insurance and was having to pay the legal costs himself. Hence the hit on the company.
    Me too. But even so, does not the HMRC pay the costs of the defendant?

Super poster

I think the accuser only pays the defender's costs if the court orders them to do so

IANAL

Me too. But even so, does not the HMRC pay the costs of the defendant?
    I think its really rare for costs to be awarded at tribunal...