• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 determination paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 determination paperwork

What do we need to show the determination has been carried out and it’s result?

Simple email from client/agency or something more?

Would the whole engagement model you have to go through evidence it? In the contract? In the role spec?

But yes it should be in the offer mail from the agent really.

Edit. I was in an inside public sector gig two years ago and the role was clearly outside. Putting some processes in and leaving so I asked them for evidence of my determination and was told quite firmly not to make trouble so backed off. Didn't get it. I hope that was just a one off and private sector clients are a bit more amenable.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 November 2019, 22:53.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      What do we need to show the determination has been carried out and it’s result?

Simple email from client/agency or something more?
      Not quite sure what you're after here.

If the client makes the determination then it's relevant only after April and their problem entirely.
      If it's before April and they provide you with an outside contract the rest is up to you.
      If the client is public sector then it's their problem entirely. Why do you care?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Private Sector

My understanding is :
        The client needs to issue a Status Determination Statement (SDS) to the contractor. The contractor has 4 weeks to appeal against the SDS to the client. Client will also issue the SDS / inform the fee payer (agency) who will implement inside or outside IR35 decision and make payments on this basis.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy View Post
          My understanding is :
          The client needs to issue a Status Determination Statement (SDS) to the contractor. The contractor has 4 weeks to appeal against the SDS to the client. Client will also issue the SDS / inform the fee payer (agency) who will implement inside or outside IR35 decision and make payments on this basis.
          a couple of problems with this.....

1) You're talking about UK, not ROI
          2) it's not even law yet......
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

We've done some example Status Determination Statements here (pdf file).
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by eazy View Post
              My understanding is :
              There's no time limit for the contractor to raise a dispute, but the client has to respond to any dispute within 45 days.
              Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                Not quite sure what you're after here.
                This

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
                We've done some example Status Determination Statements here (pdf file).
                Thank QDOS that is really helpful...

Got a meeting in the morning with the director and wanted to help him in the right direction with what he needs to do...

Comment

Working...
                X