• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and election purdah

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 and election purdah

There was meant to be an HMRC webinar today on IR35 reform and actions.

It has been cancelled due to election purdah.

Over sensitive?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

They're all out on the moors sacrificing goats for a Corbyn victory.

Comment

No policy announcements can be made during the election period so, if the webinar was going to give any form of official policy change then it would fall foul of the rules

Comment

The webinar was not about policy but a session designed to help people understand the process, the rules, the application.

I can understand no reason why it was cancelled.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Ah...silly me...I didn't see who posed the question on the mobile app

Comment

I hope you don't think IR35 is going to get canned? Because it wont.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
              I hope you don't think IR35 is going to get canned? Because it wont.
              I might hope that it is reformed in some way so that genuine contractors can operate outside. As it stands it defeats the object of using temporary resources because they become a financial liability to the client.

Do you think plumbing could survive if you became liable for the tax that the plumber should/could pay? We'd all do it ourselves, try at least.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                I might hope that it is reformed in some way so that genuine contractors can operate outside. As it stands it defeats the object of using temporary resources because they become a financial liability to the client.

Do you think plumbing could survive if you became liable for the tax that the plumber should/could pay? We'd all do it ourselves, try at least.
                Not sure what you're hoping for - HMRC will say (and have pretty much already said) that genuine contractors can already operate outside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Not sure what you're hoping for - HMRC will say (and have pretty much already said) that genuine contractors can already operate outside IR35.
                  I would have thought that some genuine banking contractors wouldn't agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    I would have thought that some genuine banking contractors wouldn't agree with that.
                    Yes, but that's a bank policy decision - nothing to do with HMRC ( or so they'll say )
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X