• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Reform for hiring managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Reform for hiring managers

Can anyone point me to a clear and concise summary of IR35 and the proposed changes, suitable for consumption by a client hiring manager.

I've been asked to put something together for Client Co. and figure someone else has probably already done a much better job of it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

How NOT to let IR35 ruin your business is probably the best available summation.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'm still seeing lots of recruiter led IR35 briefing/seminar event invites in my LinkedIn feed. We're surely getting to the point where if companies haven't started preparing by now, it's too late to be ready for April 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        I'm still seeing lots of recruiter led IR35 briefing/seminar event invites in my LinkedIn feed. We're surely getting to the point where if companies haven't started preparing by now, it's too late to be ready for April 2020?
        Of course it is, and has been for about six months...

I'm seeing a lot of people new to the whole IR35 issue offering "expert" services. IPSE, QDOS and a few others have been doing this for years, but all of a sudden people see a chance to jump on the bandwagon. It makes me laugh when I see how many are actually agencies who have totally ignored IR35 in the past.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Give Seb Maley a call. They've got a ton of guides and calendars around what action people should be taking when etc.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Of course it is, and has been for about six months...

I'm seeing a lot of people new to the whole IR35 issue offering "expert" services. IPSE, QDOS and a few others have been doing this for years, but all of a sudden people see a chance to jump on the bandwagon. It makes me laugh when I see how many are actually agencies who have totally ignored IR35 in the past.
            Indeed but so many more contractors are even more guilty of this than agencies, particularly when it directly affects us and not agents (well in the past anyway).
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              Not really.

Date: 29/02/2020
              To: $AllContractors

Dead $Contractor$

We have reviewed your role and you are inside IR35 from March 2020. Please provide details of your Umbrella or consider this notice of your contract termination. Your official determination shall be sent in due course. Don't bother appealing - it'll go straight in the bin.

Kind regards

HR
              Last edited by Paralytic; 13 November 2019, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                Not really.
                I'm guessing the 'Dead' wasn't a typo

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I'm guessing the 'Dead' wasn't a typo
                  Ha, I wish I could say so!

Leaving it as is as it fits quite well

Comment

There are still contractors at my client who say to me "Yeah I dont really know what IR35 is apart from what my account said when I set up the company, I suppose I should do some reading"

Comment

Working...
                    X