My client gets it! My client gets it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post
    If client only have you as a contractor can't see how determining you outside can been seen of a sign of hope!

    Also what you mean by big business, with just one contractor? Strange...

    But good for you!
    I was skeptical too. I didn't get an answer to my question on number of employees.

    When a big business with hundreds or thousands of contractors starts making case-by-case determinations, then I'll take notice. I'm not expecting that any time soon.

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    ......
    Last edited by dx4100; 19th November 2019 at 23:03. Reason: Double post

  3. #13

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    I was skeptical too. I didn't get an answer to my question on number of employees.

    When a big business with hundreds or thousands of contractors starts making case-by-case determinations, then I'll take notice. I'm not expecting that any time soon.
    Bloody hell what a pair lol! I wasn’t thinking when I made my original posts all the details where really that important. I have nothing to hide, anything to over or under sell. Just celebrating a bit of success.

    I don’t think you would call my client a big “business” in hindsight. Probably a medium sized business They have a turnover of hundreds of million and probably 400-500 employees. I am the only contractor on site not including temporary sessional workers doing manual work.

    I think what your looking for from the market and what I am looking for is a bit different. I help a lot of small to medium size companies. I have no interest in working for some bank or blue chip who take on hundreds of prem tractors who have always had questionable status and now finding themselves inside. I would imagine the end game is here for those types. A lot of my contracting friends tend to work for similar clients and tend to be the only if not one of a handful of contractors being onsite.

    If this sort of setup continue to engage contractors in a sensible manner then its good news for me.

    Is it good news for you ? I don’t know ? Small victory today in a sea misery...
    Last edited by dx4100; 20th November 2019 at 09:45.

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    When a big business with hundreds or thousands of contractors starts making case-by-case determinations, then I'll take notice. I'm not expecting that any time soon.
    You shouldn’t expect that anytime soon. All you had in those setups was lots of contractors making case by case decisions to delude themselves and not pay the tax owing. Let’s be honest.

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Again, well done.

    It all starts with one (wo)man. From acorns, etc... The bigger picture will surely follow.

  6. #16

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    Bloody hell what a pair lol! I wasn’t thinking when I made my original posts all the details where really that important. I have nothing to hide, anything to over or under sell. Just celebrating a bit of success.

    I don’t think you would call my client a big “business” in hindsight. Probably a medium sized business They have a turnover of hundreds of million and probably 400-500 employees. I am the only contractor on site not including temporary sessional workers doing manual work.

    I think what your looking for from the market and what I am looking for is a bit different. I help a lot of small to medium size companies. I have no interest in working for some bank or blue chip who take on hundreds of prem tractors who have always had questionable status and now finding themselves inside. I would imagine the end game is here for those types. A lot of my contracting friends tend to work for similar clients and tend to be the only if not one of a handful of contractors being onsite.

    If this sort of setup continue to engage contractors in a sensible manner then its good news for me.

    Is it good news for you ? I don’t know ? Small victory today in a see misery...
    Thanks for confirming they are not a big business It's no surprise that SMEs will take some effort to get individual contractors on Outside IR35 contracts.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 20th November 2019 at 09:55.

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Thanks for confirming they are not a big business
    Glad your happy

  8. #18

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    Glad your happy
    I did't say that

  9. #19

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    211

    Default

    As I’ve mentioned previously there are at least two UK FTSE-100 Financial Services firms who are now actively looking to engage contractors, at least for a couple of specific skillsets, on an outside IR35 basis. Pretty much everyone in my wider team is in conversation with one or the other of them.

  10. #20

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanensia View Post
    As I’ve mentioned previously there are at least two UK FTSE-100 Financial Services firms who are now actively looking to engage contractors, at least for a couple of specific skillsets, on an outside IR35 basis. Pretty much everyone in my wider team is in conversation with one or the other of them.
    Yes, I think a number of the major financials have said that they'd still engage PSC on an ad-hoc basis, for critical roles. Nice position to be in as a contractor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •