• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My client gets it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client gets it!

Just had the extension conversation with my client (big business - only contractor on site)...

Wants me to do another project - happy for me to be outside - happy to declare I am outside...

There is hope people!

Just need to involve the agency now... Maybe I spoke to soon

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Just had the extension conversation with my client (big business - only contractor on site)...

Wants me to do another project - happy for me to be outside - happy to declare I am outside...

There is hope people!

Just need to involve the agency now... Maybe I spoke to soon
    Congrats. I asseme you didn't stress what they're signing themselves up to

AndI suspect the bit I've bolded above has something to do with this decision.

How big is the business with only 1 contractor? I'm surprise a company with 1000s of staff has that few.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Congrats. I asseme you didn't stress what they're signing themselves up to

AndI suspect the bit I've bolded above has something to do with this decision.

How big is the business with only 1 contractor? I'm surprise a company with 1000s of staff has that few.
      Its exactly why I stated I was the only contractor onsite. Almost all my gigs are like this though, I think its just as normal to be the only person as it can be to one of hundreds. I have avoided working for the sort of companies that have hundreds of perm tractors.

I have been pretty honest with the client.

Sent them the following:

How NOT to let IR35 ruin your business
      https://www.qdoscontractor.com/docs/...e.pdf?sfvrsn=2

And some information about maybe contacting the IPSE / QDOS or Merkel Tax if they want some proper IR35 advice rather than just relying on the agency.

We already work outside and he seemed pretty happy when I explained only one of the three rules need to apply for us to show the arrangement is outside IR35.

I think getting in there and talking to your clients early is key to sorting this out in your favour. Letting the client sit and worry is not the best idea. Neither is pretending there isn't a risk for the client. Its showing how we mitigate the risks and they keep their valued contractor.
      Last edited by dx4100; 19 November 2019, 12:50.

Comment

While I am very happy for you, can I ask if the client has actually been sat down and made privy to all the nuances of IR35, the effects to the contractor, and the potentially negative effects to the client if investigated and, That He Does Get It?

Or, has he naively and blindly signed something that may in time come back to bite him in the ass?

Either way, in the wider scheme of Darwinism, survival of the fittest and all that... Well done.
        Last edited by simes; 19 November 2019, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          While I am very happy for you, can I ask if the client has actually been sat down and made privy to all the nuances of IR35, the effects to the contractor, and the potentially negative effects to the client if investigated and, That He Does Get It?

Or, has he naively and blindly signed something that may in time come back to bite him in the ass?

Either way, in the wider scheme of Darwinism, survival of the fittest and all that... Well done.
          Yes he has...

Comment

Yes he has, what?

It was an either / or question...

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
              Yes he has, what?

It was an either / or question...
              lol - sorry - yes he gets it...

Neither of us view it as a big deal in the end. Its pretty easy to get your ducks in a row to put yourself on the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                lol - sorry - yes he gets it...

Neither of us view it as a big deal in the end. Its pretty easy to get your ducks in a row to put yourself on the right side.
                That is Superb news. Very well done.

Congratulations all round!

Comment

If client only have you as a contractor can't see how determining you outside can been seen of a sign of hope!

Also what you mean by big business, with just one contractor? Strange...

But good for you!
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X