• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My client gets it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    If client only have you as a contractor can't see how determining you outside can been seen of a sign of hope!

Also what you mean by big business, with just one contractor? Strange...

But good for you!
    I was skeptical too. I didn't get an answer to my question on number of employees.

When a big business with hundreds or thousands of contractors starts making case-by-case determinations, then I'll take notice. I'm not expecting that any time soon.

Comment

Last edited by dx4100; 19 November 2019, 23:03. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        I was skeptical too. I didn't get an answer to my question on number of employees.

When a big business with hundreds or thousands of contractors starts making case-by-case determinations, then I'll take notice. I'm not expecting that any time soon.
        Bloody hell what a pair lol! I wasn’t thinking when I made my original posts all the details where really that important. I have nothing to hide, anything to over or under sell. Just celebrating a bit of success.

I don’t think you would call my client a big “business” in hindsight. Probably a medium sized business They have a turnover of hundreds of million and probably 400-500 employees. I am the only contractor on site not including temporary sessional workers doing manual work.

I think what your looking for from the market and what I am looking for is a bit different. I help a lot of small to medium size companies. I have no interest in working for some bank or blue chip who take on hundreds of prem tractors who have always had questionable status and now finding themselves inside. I would imagine the end game is here for those types. A lot of my contracting friends tend to work for similar clients and tend to be the only if not one of a handful of contractors being onsite.

If this sort of setup continue to engage contractors in a sensible manner then its good news for me.

Is it good news for you ? I don’t know ? Small victory today in a sea misery...
        Last edited by dx4100; 20 November 2019, 09:45.

Comment

You shouldn’t expect that anytime soon. All you had in those setups was lots of contractors making case by case decisions to delude themselves and not pay the tax owing. Let’s be honest.

Comment

Again, well done.

It all starts with one (wo)man. From acorns, etc... The bigger picture will surely follow.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              Bloody hell what a pair lol! I wasn’t thinking when I made my original posts all the details where really that important. I have nothing to hide, anything to over or under sell. Just celebrating a bit of success.

I don’t think you would call my client a big “business” in hindsight. Probably a medium sized business They have a turnover of hundreds of million and probably 400-500 employees. I am the only contractor on site not including temporary sessional workers doing manual work.

I think what your looking for from the market and what I am looking for is a bit different. I help a lot of small to medium size companies. I have no interest in working for some bank or blue chip who take on hundreds of prem tractors who have always had questionable status and now finding themselves inside. I would imagine the end game is here for those types. A lot of my contracting friends tend to work for similar clients and tend to be the only if not one of a handful of contractors being onsite.

If this sort of setup continue to engage contractors in a sensible manner then its good news for me.

Is it good news for you ? I don’t know ? Small victory today in a see misery...
              Thanks for confirming they are not a big business It's no surprise that SMEs will take some effort to get individual contractors on Outside IR35 contracts.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 20 November 2019, 09:55.

Comment

Thanks for confirming they are not a big business
                Glad your happy

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                  Glad your happy
                  I did't say that

Comment

As I’ve mentioned previously there are at least two UK FTSE-100 Financial Services firms who are now actively looking to engage contractors, at least for a couple of specific skillsets, on an outside IR35 basis. Pretty much everyone in my wider team is in conversation with one or the other of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                      As I’ve mentioned previously there are at least two UK FTSE-100 Financial Services firms who are now actively looking to engage contractors, at least for a couple of specific skillsets, on an outside IR35 basis. Pretty much everyone in my wider team is in conversation with one or the other of them.
                      Yes, I think a number of the major financials have said that they'd still engage PSC on an ad-hoc basis, for critical roles. Nice position to be in as a contractor.

Comment

Working...
                      X