• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JP Morgan show their hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP Morgan show their hand

and it's a similar one to those seen before:

new contracts/engagements from 1st Jan, inside PAYE

existing contracts to 1st March then PAYE

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    and it's a similar one to those seen before:

new contracts/engagements from 1st Jan, inside PAYE

existing contracts to 1st March then PAYE
    so do you know in general how the PAYE salaries compare with the contracting remuneration?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      so do you know in general how the PAYE salaries compare with the contracting remuneration?
      Still better than permie PAYE I'd expect.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Which means permies will soon ask for pay upgrade to bring it to ex contractors level, because why shouldn't they?

Nothing good is going to come from this.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Which means permies will soon ask for pay upgrade to bring it to ex contractors level, because why shouldn't they?

Nothing good is going to come from this.
          Probably because permies get sick pay, holiday pay, pension contributions, etc.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

At our level of earning, you lose roughly just under 50%. 40% higher tax bracket plus 10% NI.

Yes, it will likely still be better than Permie through and through, but anyone having offered calculations to lenders for available funds After tax and utilities etc, will likely experience a short sharp shock if they're mortgaged to the hilt.

I cannot see clients upping the rates as they will likely exhaust all the options for those Willing to get taxed as an employee even if not benefitted as an employee.

Am hoping the All New CEST Tool™ will offer confidence to clients, down the line. (How's about that for wishful thinking?)

Comment

what I mean is are they being offered PAYE salaries at the same level or higher than their contracting rates?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                At our level of earning, you lose roughly just under 50%. 40% higher tax bracket plus 10% NI.

Yes, it will likely still be better than Permie through and through, but anyone having offered calculations to lenders for available funds After tax and utilities etc, will likely experience a short sharp shock if they're mortgaged to the hilt.

I cannot see clients upping the rates as they will likely exhaust all the options for those Willing to get taxed as an employee even if not benefitted as an employee.

Am hoping the All New CEST Tool™ will offer confidence to clients, down the line. (How's about that for wishful thinking?)
                see my subsequent post.

from my personal point of view, I'd be very little worse off, for various reasons, in nett pay terms by taking a PAYE role at the same level as my contracting income.

Comment

Not when you factor in paid holidays, pension contributions and other perks and benefits such as paid sick, bonus etc, etc.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

what I mean is are they being offered PAYE salaries at the same level or higher than their contracting rates?
                    They'll still offer a day rate. What that converts to is probably available via a simple PAYE calculator online.
                    Whether they'll have to offer more to retain people will remain to be seen, but I'd imagine that they'll lose those people that have to travel and stay in London first.

Comment

Working...
                    X